PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
01-02-2006, 6:42 AM
Well, First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR to each of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was oncall this weekend and still am until 8AM today. :mad: After working almost 24 hours straight for just "today", I'm bushed.

No shop time for me this weekend. I sure do plan on getting some shop time in this week though, as long as "work" doesn't get in the way. ;)

I hope eveyone had a safe and happy New Years weekend.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Hager
01-02-2006, 7:28 AM
I played a little catch up in the shop this weekend and got out two small orders for customers and did a project for my neighbor. Did a little cleaning up and getting ready for the next kitchen on the list. Hung out with SWMBO and her family on Sunday, a bit of laying around Sunday evening and now back to work this morning.:mad:

Matt Meiser
01-02-2006, 8:06 AM
I spent a bunch of time in the shop doing miscellaneous stuff like cleaning, finishing some incomplete dust collection hookups, building various little storage and organization aids, and burning all my scrap (outside the shop, of course.)

Thomas Prondzinski
01-02-2006, 8:15 AM
Been working on a dresser all week for a customer,need to dovetail drawers today. Glued up a new base for the Rikon. So I can use the base under that for the edge sander.Ordered EZ Smart from Hartville. Been off all week,son in law is home from Mississippi for Christmas,goes back today for more training then Iraq.

Tom

Keith Foster
01-02-2006, 8:16 AM
Finally got around to resuming work on the dog house. Even managed to get in a few licks on the bandsaw. Now that was slick! Spent the whole day going one direction on the roof construction only to realize I "should" have done it differently. Will likely spent an hour or two "undoing" what I did yesterday now. Oh well - nothing like being anal about perfection to drag a project out. :p

David Duke
01-02-2006, 9:32 AM
Worked a couple of days last week on the design of a baby cradle I'm going to build, think this will be one of those projects which design is going to be 50 hrs and construction 15. Yesterday was spent with the extended family just enjoying being together. I've was off all last week and was planning on being off today but decided to come in and get try and get back into the groove.

Greg Hairston
01-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Completed a box that can be seen here. Also worked on a shadow box for a good friend that has recently retired from the Navy after 24 Years of faithful service.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=28673

Greg

Keith Christopher
01-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Still a weekend for me so it's not over yet. But I turned some pens spent time witht he kids and helped my son on the lathe a little. Then bowling and home again was very nice !

Jim Becker
01-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I used some tools!!! A hammer. A pry bar and two pneumatic nailers. 'Had to fix a board in the wide pine floor at the top of the back stairway outside of the girls' room...someone jumped a little to hard on it, I suppose. Other than that, it was a quiet weekend of "carrot and stick" parenting.

Happy New Year!

Jim O'Dell
01-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Happy New Year!!

Why am I at work today??? It seems everyone else is off, because there is no traffic on the highways.
I got my electrical pretty much finished up this weekend. Have to go get some plates today after work, then I will be done and ready to get it turned on. I chornicled on my shop rehab page. Jim.

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Finished getting my lathe setup. Turned my first two pens. Did some cleanup and watched a little football. Spent some time with the family.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Family weekend. Our daughter recently got engaged to a youngman she met in Portland where she lives. She brought him home to meet Mom and Dad. Saturday, though a dreary winter day, he and I drove over 200 miles so that he could see some of Idaho's scenery as he'd never been to Idaho before. While we were sight seeing, Mom and daughter were shopping for and bought dresses for the wedding. Saturday evening dinner with daughter, her beau...and oldest son.

Sunday more family time.

Tyler Howell
01-02-2006, 12:12 PM
End of the big wedding Week for little sister:rolleyes: glad that's over.
Everyday was something I didn't want to do.
Shop time, sharpening up my Neander tools for a class starting next week.
Made head way on the house remuttling.
Brought in the New year with friends and a little home made music unplugged. Bunch of us like to jam every NYE.:cool:
Back to work tomorrow after 10 days. Won't know how to find the office.:o

larry merlau
01-02-2006, 12:33 PM
got the marble back from the stone guys and installed the cabinet for the first lady of my life MOM. then was able to get the upper all done, just need the glass for the door, so was able to get started on the daughters book case which needs to be done by the 28th of this month. so my time is spoken for but i ended last year and started this one right so far:D thought i would say dennis been awhile since had time to chat ;)

Earl Reid
01-02-2006, 1:48 PM
We have been on the go the past week . Visiting Family and friends in DC area and Va Beach We will be home in about a week.

Happy New Year to all
Earl and Barbara

Hank Knight
01-02-2006, 2:09 PM
My 87 year old father in law is visiting us for a week during the holidays. He is a great guy by any measure, but he has had several strokes over the last 3years and is suffereing from severe dementia. As much as we love him, being with him for any length of time is a test of patience and, you just need a break. My daughter and I escaped to the workshop over the weekend for a little R&R and together we made a marking knife as a little project to keep us connected to the real world. I shaped he blade from some O1 flat stock I had on hand. She helped me harden and temper it (a new experience for both of us), and she helped turn the handle from some African olive wood. It has a slightly curved edge that I prefer over a straight-edged knife. I'm very pleased with it. Here are some pics:

JayStPeter
01-02-2006, 5:25 PM
I took care of my one actual new years resolution on Friday. I spent the weekend sitting around with an ice pack recovering :eek: . Today I spent an hour or so in the shop doing some light cleaning and some measuring and planning for my temporary spray booth. Hopefully I'll be up to the task of assembling the booth later in the week.

Jay

David Scarborough
01-02-2006, 7:10 PM
I made a set of free standing shelves for SWMBO. The thread is on here. Fast easy project

DS

john mclane
01-02-2006, 7:26 PM
I had much of the week off and started a new project: Making a shaker style towel holder using cherry. Trying to figure out how to put a small square wood pin through the mortise and tenon on the longer cross pieces. I had bought a mortiser this fall and still trying to get it just right in set up for the through mortise holes. I know: measure twice and cut once. The end of the chisel bit always seems off from square by about 1/32 of an inch and I can't get a measurement of this to the back fence. This is why this is a hobby for me.

Steve Clardy
01-02-2006, 7:27 PM
Worked on a walnut shadow box style bookshelf for the house.

And---still working on it. More sanding, spraying on the sanding sealer now.

Keith Foster
01-02-2006, 9:30 PM
Well, I decided the weather was way too nice to do anything else but work outside - so I did. Picked up where I left off yesterday on the dog house (which has looked like a gazibo for many more months than I care to admit). Got the sides up and the HardiPlank installed. Still need to do some work on the roof, but she's enclosed now and the dog will certainly be warm (asuming it ever gets cold this winter - it was nearly 80 degrees today and I think I might have gotten sun burnt). :)

Eddie Watkins
01-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I was able to cut out most of an entertainment center I am building. I also spent some time resetting my miter saw and table. I also added a self adhering measuring tape to it. It seems to be a fairly cheap fix that helps. I installed a new light fixture and installed a progammable thermostat. Watered the lawn today just in case some of the fires come this way. Other than that I just watched a bunch of football games.

Michael Adelong
01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I had much of the week off and started a new project: Making a shaker style towel holder using cherry. Trying to figure out how to put a small square wood pin through the mortise and tenon on the longer cross pieces.
Can't you drill a round hole, square about 1/16" deep with a small chisel, then take a square peg, shave it round except for an 1/8" at the top, and pound 'er in? You could plane or sand it flat. If you see both sides, go in half way from each direction.

Michael
(guy with no morticer and a vivid imagination)

Guy Germaine
01-03-2006, 8:40 AM
I spent quite a bit of time in the shop ruining some perfectly good veneer.:(