PDA

View Full Version : Used Sawstop PCS Refurbishing Question

Mike McCarthy
10-21-2020, 10:31 PM
So I have been going back and forth with whether I want to upgrade to a Sawstop. I have been on Craigslist trying to find a good deal on one and I came across a 3HP one for $1500. Seller is saying that it needs a little TLC. He states that there is surface rust on the table, fence and cranks could use some cleaning/lubricating for optimal glide, additional top to the right (the non cast iron one) could be leveled better. Other than that, it's supposed to be great. My question is, should I be jumping on this ASAP or what? Just wondering if all that work isn't that much work and its a great deal. Thanks for any of your input guys

Richard Coers
10-21-2020, 11:25 PM
He probably already has someone scheduled to buy it in the morning. As long as it didn't have a roof leak over it, clean up will be easy.

Frank Pratt
10-22-2020, 12:11 AM
Yep, it's probably already gone. Even if you have to clean up a fair bit of rust, it's a great price & won't last. Get over there first thing in the morning with a truck.

John Goodin
10-22-2020, 12:13 AM
I prefer to buy new tools and would buy it in a heartbeat if it is as described. The time to clean it up is probably no more than setting up a new one.