PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Carbide Tipped Planer Blades

mike ash
10-18-2020, 8:53 AM
Can I get some input on the Infinity Carbide Tipped Planer blades. I'm getting tired of changing the HSS blades on my Dewalt 735.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Curt Harms
10-18-2020, 9:16 AM
Can I get some input on the Infinity Carbide Tipped Planer blades. I'm getting tired of changing the HSS blades on my Dewalt 735.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

I can't comment on the infinity blades but if it were me, I'd look at HSS knives from sources other than DeWalt. The DeWalt blades have had a reputation for being not very durable.

Jim Becker
10-18-2020, 9:51 AM
"In general"...carbide can last longer relative to wear, but typically isn't as "sharp" as HHS because carbide can be more brittle if sharpened to the same degree. Everything has trade-offs that enter into the decision whether or not the increased cost of the carbide is justified over just changing the HSS more frequently.

Andrew Hughes
10-18-2020, 10:53 AM
I had infinity’s carbide tipped blades in my 735. The were great and very easy to resharpen with a simple shop made made fixture. I do miss that planer.

Brian Behrens
10-18-2020, 7:29 PM
Mike, those "disposable" knives can be sharpened. Look at buying (Deulen) or making a jig to sharpen them. My resharpened knives are sharper than any factory new knife.

Matt larkinson
10-18-2020, 8:30 PM
There are a couple stores in the USA on eBay and Amazon that are selling same grade carbide tipped blades for a lot less. I bought a set from reds and they seem to work good on my grizzly planer.

mike ash
10-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys! That what I like about this forum...