PDA

View Full Version : Second Pen

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2006, 7:08 PM
Well finished the second pen for the loml. She picked out the wood which is zebrawood. Found out something real quick zebra is pretty chippy. Had to be real careful towards the end. Anyway I am tickled as heck and thought it came out pretty well for number 2. Thanks.

Bob Noles
01-01-2006, 7:19 PM
Well Mr. Bernie.... I would say that you are fast reaching Pro status. That is as nice a looking pen as anyone could ask for. I do believe you got the hang of this turning thing :D I was hoping to beat you, but you already know the story :(

Keep up the excellent work Bernie, it will be worth all we have been through the past couple of months especially putting up with Mr. Andy :D :p

Corey Hallagan
01-01-2006, 8:02 PM
Dang Bernie, your doing awesome. Bob, I hope we take to this like Mr. Bernie has. 2 pens that look great out of the gate. Congrats Bernie, I am sure this is the first of many!!

Corey
P.S. would you work with zebra again, I like the look of it myself!

Ernie Nyvall
01-01-2006, 8:08 PM
Good job on both your pens Bernie. Nice fit and finish.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2006, 9:14 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I am going to try and turn a couple tomorrow.

Keith Burns
01-01-2006, 9:18 PM
Great looking pen Bernie ! Being from Western Kansas and having nothing else to do, I suspect you have been practicing:D

Keith Christopher
01-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Well made Bernie !!! Very nice !!! You know I don't much like working with zebrawood, and I LOVE the walnut one you made. Very clean and VERY symmetrical ! Excellent work !

John Hart
01-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Yup...seems like you're doing everything right Bernie. I don't see any chipping so you must have snuck up on those bushings just right! Another nice one!