PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you how happy I am with Supergrit....

Thomas Colson
10-14-2020, 3:43 PM
A little bummed out about this global drum sander shortage, so I walk in the house to order some (a lot actually) of 21" belts from Supergrit. Find out what they have on sale, order it, spend a few minutes looking at the reddit woodworking sub, walk beck into my shop (detached building). This was this past monday. Before I could put my goggles back on, phone chirps. It's a text from Supergrit. My order has shipped. UPS even showed up early today. With my box. Full of sandpaper.

I better buy a lottery ticket on the way home from work today.

For some dumb reason sandpaper of any kind or grit has not been available at Lowes or Borg for the last 3 months in my area.

Frank Pratt
10-14-2020, 5:03 PM
That's a good story to hear. I can't remember the last time I bought abrasives at the big box. There are so many dedicated tool stores, or online sources that have much better pricing & selection. You have to buy them in bigger quantities, but the cost can easily be less than half. And that's for good quality Klingspor stuff.

Be aware that some folks have had trouble with the seam on the sanding belts (many brands) deteriorating & separating after a year or so on the shelf. I've never had one break myself, but I keep them stored in a low humidity, dark, cool, dry place.

Brian Tymchak
10-15-2020, 9:18 AM
Good for you that UPS handled the delivery to your door. I've had really good results lately with UPS too. A couple deliveries lately starting with UPS and handed off to USPS have taken 2+ weeks to arrive. I now pay a lot more attention to the shipping when I order stuff.

Earl McLain
10-15-2020, 12:54 PM
That is not a new thing for UPS "Smart Post" shipping--it actually seems to have improved with COVID. FedEx has been spotty for me--just yesterday there was a package out for delivery, then it arrived back at the FedEx terminal at 7:30 PM. Hoping it gets here today--it's a heated Milwaukee hoodie, and i'm at ND stadium the next two days!!

Glad to hear about Supergrit--thanks!!
earl