PDA

View Full Version : The Family

Peter Blair
10-14-2020, 9:32 AM
This is my first attempt at this sort of work. I hate to mention his name in the same sentence as my work and I hope it is not insulting to him but I hope you might see a little Gordon Pembrigde influence. The piece is about 9" tall and 7 in in dia made from local Birch. When I turned it I had not planned tho do the piercing and it is WAY too thick but I persevered and it turned out ok. I have had several people want to add it to their collections even before it was complete. It really gave my high speed air dental type tool a workout and the painting was a challenge. I have plans for more and with any luck each one will be better than the last!

William C Rogers
10-14-2020, 10:14 AM
Very nice Pete. I have a piece of cherry I plan on doing something similar, but will be a while due to surgery and a 5 lb. limit for a while. I was going to try a Kutzall bit instead of my dentist handpiece for this.

Thomas Wilson80
10-14-2020, 10:21 AM
I really like that Peter. I'm still just a beginner, but maybe someday I'd like to give that a shot.......
Tom

tom lucas
10-14-2020, 6:27 PM
Nice piece. I'm sure the dust was flying from those power carving tools.

Peter Blair
10-15-2020, 9:26 AM
Hopefully you recover quickly and will show us the piece. It will be for sure a chore with a Kutzall . . .