PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Quandry

Jack Hogoboom
01-01-2006, 5:27 PM
Anyone know how to get Titebond glue out of clothes? I was a little sloppy in the shop today.

Thanks,

Jack

Greg Heppeard
01-01-2006, 6:37 PM
It will wash out if it isn't dry. If it is, maybe someone else will have a solution

Frank Hagan
01-01-2006, 7:39 PM
I suggest hiding it before your wife finds it!

Ron Jones near Indy
01-01-2006, 9:06 PM
Scissors:confused:

Soap and water will get it if the glue is still wet. If it has dried I would think that a soak in hot water and soap before laundry might get it. Tightbond II is water resistant and might take longer if this works at all. TB III---well, I think the scissors might be the only way. Opinions based on my limited experience in the laundry--worth only what you paid for it.:eek:

Peter M. Spirito
01-01-2006, 10:27 PM
It's not supposed to come out. I have a couple of "sets" of shop clothes that have become heirloms of my woodworking experiences. The patina of TB-3, Min-Wax products and all other sorts of goopy stuff have made them my prized possissions. Who needs rags when you have a shop apron and pants on. Which reminds me of the time I was doing a glue-up in just my jockey shorts. I had to throw them away, but only after using them on the next lube job and oil change.:eek:

Steve Clardy
01-02-2006, 2:18 PM
Mine usually disappears about the time the jeans are ready for the rag bag.

Dennis Peacock
01-02-2006, 3:04 PM
It's like the Energizer Bunny.....It keeps on going and going and going.:rolleyes:

I have cloths that have TB-2 in them from 6 years ago and no sign of washing out.