PDA

View Full Version : SMC Spring SwapMeet #2

Keith Outten
01-01-2006, 1:36 PM
Jackie and I are in the beginning phases of putting together our second annual SMC SwapMeet. Scheduled for May 6th and 7th this year we are trying to keep the time as consistant as we can.

This year is a two day event and we are trying to schedule as many demonstrations as we can well in advance. We will publish an official schedule as soon as we are further along in the process but we are certain that ShopBot will be sending a representative this year and we will most likely have a commercial laser engraving demonstration as well. Bowl turning with ????, I have asked the big guy and he is checking his schedule to see if he can make the SwapMeet. Certainly we hope to see Dino again this year and it will be lots of fun to see all his new goodies for the EZSmart System. We like to keep the playing field level so we sure hope our SMC friend Bob Marino from Festool can join us this year. A close friend and neighbor of mine should be able to provide a comprehensive demonstration of his WoodMizer Mill and will open the doors to his workshop to sell plenty of lumber, his shop is located right behind mine. He also owns and operates an EBAC kiln.

We are searching for a local videographer to record the entire event and provide the necessary editing services so we can offer DVD's to those who can't be with us and don't want to miss out on the demonstrations.

If you have a big company or just big dreams and want to demonstrate your products or skills get in touch with me, everyone is welcome. This years event promises to be more polished, much larger and we will keep the small event flavor that everyone enjoyed last year. We will certainly allow plenty of time between demonstrations for friendly conversation and questions for each vendor.

My familly and I once again will open our doors and welcome each of you to visit with us and share an old-fashioned Southern gathering under the shade trees in Gloucester County Virginia.

- Six acres of space with plenty of room for campers, travel trailers and motor homes.
- Bring your families, there is plenty to do here as we are right in the middle of the Historic Colonial Triangle.
- Don't forget to bring any tools or equipment you want to sell, swap or silent auction.