PDA

View Full Version : Shop pics

Joseph O'Leary
01-01-2006, 10:15 AM
I enjoy looking at everyone's work and shop so I just though I would post a few pics of my shop. I work out of our 2 car garage. As you can tell I seem to like Delta. The incra1000SE was a Christmas present from LOML. The little guy is my oldest, Evan. Thanks for looking.

Joseph O'Leary
01-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Here are two projects I completed this fall. The first is a toddler bed for a friend. His wife wanted large flat areas to stencile designs on. The little guy is my youngest, Colin. The second is a cherry table that was a Christmas present for my BIL. He wanted it dark, The picture does not show the grain well. I used dye for the first time and was very happy with the result.

Jim Becker
01-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Nice work and great shop assistant! Thanks for posting, Joe. Happy New Year!

(Is that a Jet stand you have your Delta midi lathe on?)

Bob Noles
01-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Joseph,

Great looking shop set up and that assistant appears egar to help where needed :eek: Be sure to keep those tools unpluged when not in use.

I like the way you have your lathe tools mounted to the stand. That really keeps them handy. I did a similar holder on my bench, but had to mount it behind the lathe due to design of my bench.

Peter Pedisich
01-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Joseph,

Great shop space, real clean too.

Also, I like the railing on your deck, did you do it?

Pete

Joseph O'Leary
01-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Jim, yes it's a jet stand. Looks out of place but fits just fine.
Bob, Yes I am ALWAYS unplugged when not in use. Great safety advice. I supply power to everything from two cord reels mounted up high. Plug in to use, unplug and reel up when done.
Peter, The railing inserts are Chippendale, pre-made, pressure treated, from HD. :)