PDA

View Full Version : Koehl, Party of Five - SMC Outing

Aaron Koehl
01-01-2006, 3:06 AM
Or is that "SawmillCreek", Party of 6000? :confused:

A big thanks to all of you who are making this a reality!

I just wanted to let you all know that we have reservations for Kincaid's (http://www.kincaids.com) this Monday at 6pm, courtesy of SawmillCreek (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=26328). We'll be there with drinks, appetizers, entrees, desserts, and cameras in hand!! (*We'll do our best to satisfy the pic police (http://www.google.com/search?q=pic+police&domains=sawmillcreek.org&sitesearch=sawmillcreek.org)!*)

Chances are, they'll have to roll me out of there. As one of our (mine and Kathy's) favorite places to dine, we are always pleased with the food and the wait staff. I have had the best New England style clam chowder I've ever eaten in this very place. Then again, I've never had clam chowder in New England before, but I am confident the New Englanders would agree. :rolleyes:

As a side note, and much to Kathy's delight, we ran into Jeff Corwin (http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/jeffcorwin/jeffcorwin.html) last
time we were there. I wonder who will be there this time?
(Above: my fiancee and his animal-friendliness)

1st SMC Outing, Monday, Jan. 2, 2006
Further, we would like to extend an invitation for EVERYONE at SawmillCreek to dine out along with us in their respective localities. One big, national SMC Outing!! I'll start a thread when we return and you can all post your pictures!

Thanks again, what a great way to kick off the New Year!

Karl Laustrup
01-01-2006, 7:34 AM
Keith, Jackie, Aaron, and Kathy,

Happy New Year! I was just thinking of asking when the outing was going to occur. Don't need to now. Thanks for the update.

At the very least I will raise a glass with something in it as a toast for all of your hard work in keeping this place running.

Enjoy the evening.

Karl

Keith Foster
01-01-2006, 8:20 AM
You earned it. Now enjoy!

Happy New Year SMC!

John Bailey
01-01-2006, 9:06 AM
Well, It's about time!! Any Creekers in Micihigan that want to get together, PM me and we'll make a plan. Have to move quick, we don't have much time. I'll be on the road today until about 4:00 P.M. I'll check on any posts then.

I know it's been said, many times, many ways - Thanks to the whole administrative gang for everything they've done for this site.

John

Dennis Peacock
01-01-2006, 11:38 AM
I hope and pray that ya'll have the grandest of outtings ever!!!!!!!!! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Aaron and all...........Enjoy.........You deserve it!

Ken Garlock
01-01-2006, 11:44 AM
ENJOY! :D But don't make any system changes after leaving the party Monday night.:eek:

Steve Clardy
01-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm with John B.

IT's ABOUT TIME:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

John Miliunas
01-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Aaron, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! You've given my PM inbox, as well as my incoming email a bit of a break. I was really getting tired of answering a continuous barrage of notes regarding, "HEY JOHN, WHEN'S THAT PARTY????" :D Enjoy yourselves, and remember, they're under strict orders to NOT let you in without at least one camera in tow!!! :D :) :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2006, 2:23 PM
Keith, Jackie, Aaron and Kathy enjoy. You deserve it. Thanks for everything.

Happy New Year

Frank Chaffee
01-01-2006, 3:31 PM
Aaron,
Is this thread title your subtle way of telling us all something?

Keith, Jackie, Aaron and Kathy, Thank You so much for creating and maintaining this great place called Sawmill Creek.

I’ll be raising my glass in a toast to you all tomorrow evening.

Frank

Randy Moore
01-01-2006, 3:50 PM
Aaron,

Frank

John and everyone else. I thought we was paying for 4 people to go out. Who is HIDING:eek: :cool: :) :) something? Or is this a sutle gloat?
Anyway have fun, eat all you can,drink all you want and dance the night away.

Howie French
01-01-2006, 8:00 PM
Keith, Jackie, Aaron and Kathy, I hope you all have a great time !!

And thanks again for all you do. SMC is by far my favorite site on the net.

Thanks, Howie

Corey Hallagan
01-01-2006, 9:02 PM
Yup, hope everyone has a fantastic time! Happy New Year!

Corey

Bill Sampson
01-01-2006, 9:27 PM
For SMC members that aren't aware, Keith and Jackie have another lovely daughter, Jess, who is extremely supportive of this site. I trust she is the fifth person in the "party of five".

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Aaron Koehl
01-01-2006, 9:50 PM
Aaron,

Keith, Jackie, Aaron and Kathy, Thank You so much for creating and maintaining this great place called Sawmill Creek.

I’ll be raising my glass in a toast to you all tomorrow evening.

Frank
Whoa, slow down! :D Nope, the fifth would be Kathy's sister, Jessica-

Frank Chaffee
01-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Aaron,
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
My imagination is highly active. We have had a couple births in the family recently.
I wish the five of you, then, including Jessica, a very merry evening!

Frank

Aaron Koehl
01-02-2006, 10:59 PM
After Dinner Update:

So.....full.......can't...walk... pictures......forthcoming...

Jackie Outten
01-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we just waddled in from Kincaids in Norfolk, Virginia about 20 minutes ago. We are all totally stuffed from a wonderful meal including appetizers and dessert.

Thanks so much to all of you who made this evening possible for Keith, Kathy, Jessica, Aaron and me. It was so incredibly generous of you to do this for us.

We will try and get pictures up tomorrow but for now it's late and school comes early tomorrow morning. Thanks again for a great evening.

Jackie

John Miliunas
01-02-2006, 11:08 PM
That's it...Coolness!!!:D :cool:

Bill Fields
01-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks to all of you for contributing so much to so many!

BILL FIELDS

Frank Chaffee
01-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Just want you all to knew thet if’n I wersnt soo twoosted bafur yer dinner I wooda taked a pitur uv my most tipped glazz!

Thanz,
Farnk

John Bailey
01-03-2006, 8:37 AM
Thanks you folks for making SMC such a great place. Sounds like you had a good time, a well-deserved good time, I might add.

John

Ken Fitzgerald
01-03-2006, 8:39 AM
Thanks again for all you folks do for SMC!

Steve Clardy
01-03-2006, 10:34 AM
After Dinner Update:

So.....full.......can't...walk... pictures......forthcoming...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Steve Clardy
01-03-2006, 10:35 AM
That's it...Coolness!!!:D :cool:

Hey John.:confused: Someone burn yer hair off:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

John Miliunas
01-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey John.:confused: Someone burn yer hair off:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Yeah, "Santa" went down a live chimney!!!:eek: :D :cool:

Steve Clardy
01-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, "Santa" went down a live chimney!!!:eek: :D :cool:

Wheeewwww:eek: :eek: :eek:
Musta been a HAIR burning experience huh?:confused: :eek: :)

Frank Chaffee
01-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Hair razing.

Andy Hoyt
01-03-2006, 3:54 PM
He's going for the Past His Prime Mac Davis look.

Steve Clardy
01-03-2006, 4:05 PM
He's going for the Past His Prime Mac Davis look.

Now I know who he is. :o

Mac Davis's TWIN:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

John Miliunas
01-03-2006, 4:25 PM
Egads! I go away for a while and, almost 8 hours later, I find you guys are still pickin' on me!:eek: Good thing I'm braindead or I might get miffed!:D :cool:

Steve Clardy
01-03-2006, 4:31 PM
Egads! I go away for a while and, almost 8 hours later, I find you guys are still pickin' on me!:eek: Good thing I'm braindead or I might get miffed!:D :cool:

:D :D :D :D :D ;)

John Miliunas
01-03-2006, 8:05 PM
Hey guys, are we even POSITIVE this actually happened????:confused: :eek: Where the heck is that Tyler when you need him???:mad: :D :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
01-03-2006, 8:09 PM
No photos.........It didn't happen.........Them's Tylers rules!

Kent Cori
01-03-2006, 8:34 PM
Hmmm. where are those pics? The conspiracy theorists are going to think they really went to Wendy's! :p :D :D :D

Steve Clardy
01-03-2006, 8:51 PM
Hey Tyler. You are being summoned!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Aaron Koehl
01-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Well, I thought Keith was going to post them. I guess I'll get ahold of the "proof" tomorrow-

Tyler Howell
01-04-2006, 7:55 AM
What in the world!!!!!:mad:
Up against the wall all you party goers.
This is a bust. Where are the Pix!!!!
Steve gets me out of bed to break up this crime in progress.
You guys better get with it or we're going to take away your shop privileges

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
What in the world!!!!!:mad:
Up against the wall all you party goers.
This is a bust. Where are the Pix!!!!
Steve gets me out of bed to break up this crime in progress.
You guys better get with it or we're going to take away your shop privileges

Sorry Tyler:rolleyes:

In bed:confused: :confused: :confused:

:D :D :D

John Miliunas
01-04-2006, 10:29 AM
In bed:confused: :confused: :confused:

:D

Bankers' hours????:confused: :confused: :D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe Aaron has just realized that he forgot to put some film in his digital camera. Dang techie geeks.

Tyler Howell
01-04-2006, 2:23 PM
Still no Pix???
What is up??? There is no excuse for this behavior....... Unless they have better things to do than hang out on line all day:rolleyes:

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 2:31 PM
Still no Pix???
What is up??? There is no excuse for this behavior....... Unless they have better things to do than hang out on line all day:rolleyes:

Guess yer in for a road trip Tyler.:eek: :rolleyes:

[Tyler showing up at SMC headquarters, hands on hips, demanding pics be posted]:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Jeff Sudmeier
01-04-2006, 2:56 PM
We really need a pic of tyler in a cop pose w/ an orange squirt gun to post on these!!

We want pics!

tod evans
01-04-2006, 3:14 PM
We really need a pic of tyler in a cop pose w/ an orange squirt gun to post on these!!

We want pics!

just as long as he leaves the thong in the closet!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-04-2006, 3:35 PM
I just knew someone would walk through that open door!

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 5:47 PM
just as long as he leaves the thong in the closet!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wheeewwww:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cecil Arnold
01-04-2006, 7:57 PM
Tyler in a thong is really not a picture I want in my head.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-04-2006, 8:00 PM
better get over here and defend yourself!

How'd we go from photos of a dinner to a gun-toting Tyler in a thong?

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 8:20 PM
better get over here and defend yourself!

How'd we go from photos of a dinner to a gun-toting Tyler in a thong?

Man. dear tod brought the thong thingie up:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

If Tyler don't show quick, I'm gonna post a pink thong for him.:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Glenn Clabo
01-04-2006, 8:36 PM
Now I'm going to have to poke my eyes out to get that vision out of my mind!

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 8:50 PM
Now I'm going to have to poke my eyes out to get that vision out of my mind!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tyler Howell
01-04-2006, 9:09 PM
Latest fashion statement!! All my ladies wear them ;)

John Miliunas
01-04-2006, 9:10 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG!!! There went my supper!:eek: :D :cool:

Frank Chaffee
01-04-2006, 9:12 PM
ROFL!!!
Frank

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 9:12 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Steve Clardy
01-04-2006, 9:13 PM
OMG!!! There went my supper!:eek: :D :cool:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
01-04-2006, 9:16 PM
we'll keep getting more and more out of hand.....somebody will report the thread......Aaron or Keith will pick it up.........and FINALLY we'll get some pictures posted! Great thinking folks!.......................But now this Tyler with a orange squirt gun dressed in a pink thong......................I dunno.................

Keith Outten
01-04-2006, 9:29 PM
Tyler Hold On !!!

There seemed to be a misunderstanding between Aaron and myself as to who was going to post the pictures of our evening at Kincaid's. Before Tyler breaks out his thong I felt it best to go into overdrive and get these pictures online in an effort to save us all the...well you know what I mean :)

Thanks to everyone for the great evening out, Kincaid's was an excellent resturant and the meal was....

Here are the Pics (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/dinner.htm)

John Miliunas
01-04-2006, 9:44 PM
Keith, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for posting those! Whew...Just the thought of Tyler dressed up in a pink.....Oh, never mind!!!:eek:

Glad you guys had a good time! You deserved it and continue to deserve it! Thanks so very, very much for all you folks do to make this THE BESTCOMMUNITY OF WOODWORKERS ANYWHERE ON THE WEB!!!:D :) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
6200 plus supporters supping vicariously - five separate diners - five separate desserts.

AND ONLY ONE ONLINE SERVING OF CHOCOLATE?!?!?!?!

Tyler - grab the thong, get down to Virginia and beat some sense into these folks with it:D

Glenn Clabo
01-05-2006, 7:35 AM
Keith...That sure looked like fun. It's well deserved and once again thanks.

As for Aaron... all I can say is...

John Bailey
01-05-2006, 8:30 AM
Good show Keith. Although I was a little disappointed that there was no lamp shade shot. You folks are the best, thanks for all you do.

Thanks, John

Steve Clardy
01-05-2006, 10:35 AM

Guess you can back down now Tyler;)

All is well. Put the thong up please:eek: :D :rolleyes: ;) :D

Tyler Howell
01-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Guess you can back down now Tyler;)

All is well. Put the thong up please:eek: :D :rolleyes: ;) :D
Let this be a lesson to you all!!!:mad:
I'm keeping it handy just in case.

Frank Pellow
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Tyler Hold On !!!

There seemed to be a misunderstanding between Aaron and myself as to who was going to post the pictures of our evening at Kincaid's. Before Tyler breaks out his thong I felt it best to go into overdrive and get these pictures online in an effort to save us all the...well you know what I mean :)

Thanks to everyone for the great evening out, Kincaid's was an excellent resturant and the meal was....

Here are the Pics (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/dinner.htm)
Thanks for the pictures Keith. I am glad to see the proof that you actually did go out to dinner on us.

Steve Clardy
01-05-2006, 8:36 PM
Let this be a lesson to you all!!!:mad:
I'm keeping it handy just in case.

Keep it close Tyler.:eek: :D

Aaron Koehl
01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Indeed.. I was still full the next morning when I woke up. You see that bread pudding? :D

Dennis Peacock
01-07-2006, 2:17 AM
Congrats Keith, Aaron, Jackie, and Gang!!!!! Really glad to see that you CAN get out and have a nice time every now and then. Thanks again for all you do for SMC!!!!!

Keith Outten
01-07-2006, 9:46 AM
Thanks Again,

It's true that I am a homebody and I rarely get out on the town. The trip to Norfolk from Gloucester County was about a 45 minute drive and it rained all the way. The resturant was quite fancy, at least for me anyway. Generally speaking I don't consider eating a major event but Kincaid's was a very enjoyable evening as the meal and the service was excellent. Needless to say it was a change of pace for a guy like me :)

We had a great view of the downtown area and were just across the street from the Norva Theater which is a very old Theater that has been remodeled in recent years and hosts some very expensive acts these days. The food was excellent and we all came away feeling like we had just finished a Thanksgiving meal, stuffed to the gills.

Sorry it took so long to schedule our evening out, it is amost impossible to fit an evening into my familly schedule. My daughters are both very active and Aaron has been working extra hours lately on a very big project for William and Mary. For the most part I am working two jobs, days at CNU as the Project Inspector for the new Student Union construction Project and nights in the shop making signs. I visit SMC as often as I can, answer email and Private Messages then back to work untill the wee hours. My schedule has been tough the last couple of years and I had hoped to be out of CNU by late Febuary this year but I have been asked to stay awhile longer possibly for another new building project.

Kincaid's was more than a meal, it was an entire day off for me which a very rare event indeed.

Thanks again to everyone for sponsoring such a nice meal and evening out.

Keith