PDA

View Full Version : Leigh VRS1200 - Dust Collection & Router Support for PC 4200 Dovetail Jig

George Bokros
09-21-2020, 2:42 PM
Any buy one? Thought and opinions of it?

Thanks

Eric Arnsdorff
09-21-2020, 5:53 PM
I recently bout a VRS for my Leigh DR4 and in my brief test so far I was very happy with the dust collection and it is helpful in the router support.
I'm getting it setup for a project I'm working on this evening and I'll report back after my 2nd use.
On my first trial run I was very very happy the shavings weren't all over me and the floor! It's worth it just for the sawdust removal.

johnny means
09-21-2020, 7:59 PM
I find it indispensible. When machining a stack of drawer parts, cleaning up after each part can become the closest part of thes process.

Eric Arnsdorff
09-21-2020, 11:04 PM
I’m very happy with my VRS.
I checked my air flow AFTER I had routed the dovetails as I thought it was better the first time ... sure enough my piping had a clog. But the pictures show the little bit of shavings even with very poor airflow.
I also really like having the support there as well. It’s a good design and with the magnets it is easily removed for setup and such.
While I think Leigh is making a decent profit on it, I’m also happy with the cost and would definitely recommend it.

Bob Hinden
09-22-2020, 2:28 PM
I have one for my Leigh dovetail jig, works great. Beside doing a great job on dust collection, it also makes a larger platform for the router base.