PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Michael Charles
01-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Hi Everyone. I just found this site a few days ago. The more I have read the more I have wanted to join. You all seem to be a great bunch of guys. No matter how simple of a question asked, you don’t make the person posting seem like they are stupid, like on another board I had found earlier. I live in Central FL. I am new to WW, again. I had started years ago using my fathers tools when I lived close to my parents. I moved away and really had not seen a tool since. 8-10 years now. Recently my father-in-law gave me several hand me down tools. Old TS, Router, Sanding Station. The bug has hit again. I want to start working wood again. My passion, if I may call it that, is with furniture making. That is what I did with my dad’s tools. Adirondack</ST1:p chairs, tables, swings, one grandfather clock, etc... At the time I thought they looked nice, but upon seeing some of your projects, I am defiantly an amateur. I do hope to get better. I plan on making my wife a grandfather clock, and I would like to build an entertainment center among other things for in and around my home. My workshop, when I get a few more tools will be in my two car garage that I will have to share with my wife’s van. So I will not have much room. As time goes by I will have many questions about what tools I will need, how to do this, what is the best finish for this project. I will save these for a latter post.

Cecil Arnold
01-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the creek Michael. There are a number of very talented people here (unfortunately I'm not one) who will give you lots of support and help. Just ask.

David Fried
01-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the creek Michael. I wonder if you're the first new member of the year? Just so you have been warned, the one tool that is mandatory here is a camera!! Look forward to seeing your work. Enjoy!!

Dave Fried

John Bailey
01-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the Creek Michael. You'll find this a great place with great advice from great folks.

John

Chuck E Cobb
01-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the forum, they are a great bunch here I just joined myself not too long ago. I like the way folks just help each other without ego, just friendly advise...

again Welcome

Chuck

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the Creek Michael! Wade right in the water's fine!

Tony Falotico
01-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Welcome to 'da Creek Michael, you'll find the best group of talented and friendly folks here who will offer their advise and opinions freely. Maybe not always the answer you expected or want to hear, but ALWAYS offered with class, respect and dignity.

The Floridian membership continues to increase! Looking forward to exchanging ideas, suppliers and local info with you.

Dennis Peacock
01-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Welcome to SMC Michael.!!! It's a great place to hang out and enjoy friends.

Jim Becker
01-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Welcome to SMC...there are a bunch of SMC members in central Florida...try to get together and meet them!

Tony Falotico
01-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Welcome to SMC...there are a bunch of SMC members in central Florida...try to get together and meet them!

Great Idea Jim, Let me know when you will be down this way and I'll try to put something together.

Roger Bailey
01-01-2006, 2:25 PM
Welcome to this fine forum.:)

Bob Yarbrough
01-01-2006, 2:29 PM
Welcome and enjoy!

Tyler Howell
01-01-2006, 2:43 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mike. Great bunch of folks