PDA

View Full Version : benchtop planner

jeff oldham
09-20-2020, 4:27 PM
at the moment I have the porter cable benchtop planner its the pc305tp,,i believe I need new rollers on it but I cant find them,,its really been a good planner,,i purchased it at lowes about 4 yrs ago,,i noticed they are not selling it anymore,,they have the craftsman which I have been told is the same as the porter cable,,,,i was wandering about others opinions on this planner,,,or would it be better to step up to a more expensive one,,my concern is being able to find parts for it,,,,any input would really be appreciated,,,

Bruce King
09-20-2020, 4:54 PM
I would buy something and keep looking for parts.
I bought a spare Delta 12.5 inch years ago and still using the old one.
I thought there was a consumer law about having parts available for 7 years. Tools not included?

Matt Day
09-20-2020, 6:25 PM
get a new one,,,,DW734 or DW735 are good choices,,,,,commas,,,

lowell holmes
09-21-2020, 4:44 PM
I have a DW-734 and it is a great machine.

Stan Calow
09-21-2020, 4:53 PM
have you looked at eReplacementParts.com ? Thats where I usually go looking for parts.

Tim Nguyen
09-21-2020, 4:54 PM
I have the Cutech benchtop planer. It has been good and trouble free. They have since changed their name to Wahuda, but it looks the same.

glenn bradley
09-21-2020, 5:07 PM
I ran a DW734 for years. Sold it to a pro shop because they liked the one they had better than their floor machines and wanted a second one to keep up with the workflow. It seems odd that rollers would wear out in only 4 years. Is the machine stored where it gets temperature extremes? Regardless, if the Craftsman is the same machine re-badged, parts should be available there. HOWEVER!!! Never let it be said that we were unwilling to talk someone into a new tool. ;-)

Curt Harms
09-22-2020, 7:05 AM
at the moment I have the porter cable benchtop planner its the pc305tp,,i believe I need new rollers on it but I cant find them,,its really been a good planner,,i purchased it at lowes about 4 yrs ago,,i noticed they are not selling it anymore,,they have the craftsman which I have been told is the same as the porter cable,,,,i was wandering about others opinions on this planner,,,or would it be better to step up to a more expensive one,,my concern is being able to find parts for it,,,,any input would really be appreciated,,,

Porter Cable? I thought those were Delta. If they're discontinued that must have happened recently so there should be replacement parts readily available.

Delta ShopMaster TP305 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007DFWR6?tag=ytk00414-20)

Orlando Gonzalez
09-22-2020, 9:28 AM
I have a DW-734 and it is a great machine.

+1 on this.