PDA

View Full Version : Tool Security

Rich Riddle
09-18-2020, 9:57 AM
I am all for ensuring one's tools are safe from theft. At on of my offices (in a professional building) a contractor was yelling at his men to lock the side door to his trailer so no one would steal his tools and equipment. Here is a picture of the trailer with the side door padlocked closed. Notice any issues? He also has a double wheel lock on the other side of the trailer.

Bruce King
09-18-2020, 12:51 PM
Did they leave it like that or someone already broke in ?
Around here they just steal the whole trailer.

Rich Riddle
09-18-2020, 1:06 PM
Did they leave it like that or someone already broke in ?
Around here they just steal the whole trailer.
I believe the contractor removed his cargo door. Apparently there must be something magical that prevents thieves from stealing out of the opened back area. Unique.

Stan Calow
09-18-2020, 3:40 PM
I'd like to think that thieves stole the rear door.

Frederick Skelly
09-18-2020, 4:49 PM
Is it possible that there is a wall of some sort between the missing rear door and that side door?
Maybe he hauls lumber or other supplies to a jobsite in the open section (like an open pickup truck bed).

Or maybe it really is a dumb as it appears. ;) :) ;)

Jim Koepke
09-18-2020, 6:29 PM
Look closer at the image. It looks like there is a chain net at one side of the door.

jtk

Kev Williams
09-20-2020, 1:14 PM
Look REAL close, and you'll notice the doors might still be there :)

here's a hint:

--just not closed, or some trick photography...

Bill Dufour
09-20-2020, 6:22 PM
I bought a used screwdriver that someone had engraved to reduce theft. Must have been done back in the 1960's when it was recommended to engrave your social Security number. I was able to find the guy had died ten years earlier, last address, id photo, etc all online.
Bil lD

Rich Riddle
09-21-2020, 1:13 PM
Look REAL close, and you'll notice the doors might still be there :)

here's a hint:

--just not closed, or some trick photography...

I barely know how to take a regular picture on the iPhone, let alone trick photography. When I work via the remote office this week I will have to take a better up close picture of it.

Kev Williams
09-22-2020, 11:38 AM
I thought maybe you posted someone elses pic ;) -- but that DOES look like a latch handle, yes?

Bruce Wrenn
09-23-2020, 9:09 PM
I thought maybe you posted someone elses pic ;) -- but that DOES look like a latch handle, yes?

Is this like a convertable with the top down, having the doors locked?