PDA

View Full Version : SMC Stats for 2005

Keith Outten
12-31-2005, 11:54 PM
The final numbers for 2005, I just captured before the clock strikes 12 and the logs run on our server.

W Craig Wilson
01-01-2006, 8:50 AM
Thanks Keith; and thanks for the zillions of miliseconds you put in to keeping this place vibrant.

Quick Question - what's the difference between 'Visits' and 'Hits'?

Jim Becker
01-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Kickin' a bit of Internet tukus there, Keith! Happy New Year! I bet 2006 breaks these numbers really fast, too...

Bob Noles
01-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Keith, Jackie, Aaron and Moderators,

Wow.... those numbers just blow me away. What is even more interesting is the fact that 99.9% of this is quality data and is due to the excellent administration of this forum. I visit other forums from time to time as many here do, and it makes me appreciate even more how well SMC functions as a whole with true purpose and friendship among it's members.

A huge New Years toast to all the fine staff that keeps SMC what it is. Y'all should take great pride and satisfaction in a job well done. Your own statistics prove that you stay on the right track. I look forward to spending 2006 with everyone here.

Mark Singer
01-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Kickin' a bit of Internet tukus there, Keith! Happy New Year! I bet 2006 breaks these numbers really fast, too...

Jim,
is "tukus" ok to use on SMC and is it spelled correctly...I don't want to make a "tukus" out of myself when I use it:rolleyes:

Mark Singer
01-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Jim,
Just as I thought....your "tukus" was a mishigas....so I was a ganif and stole this info...just to be kosher...cause the other spelling was khazeray...as they say

http://www.bergen.org/AAST/Projects/Yiddish/English/comwor.html

"tohkes"....is good...."Tush" is also correct...either is something you can rest on and probably are as we speak:confused:

Aaron Koehl
01-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks Keith; and thanks for the zillions of miliseconds you put in to keeping this place vibrant.

Quick Question - what's the difference between 'Visits' and 'Hits'?
A simple way of looking at it-- a visit is made up of several hits.

Details:
A hit is registered anytime a file is downloaded from the server, either a picture or a page.

A visit is a consecutive collection of hits within a 45 minute window. Thus, if I log into SawmillCreek and browse the forums for 3 hours straight, it is 1 visit. If I log in, browse for 10 minutes, leave for an hour, then come back and browse for another 10 minutes, that's 2 visits.