PDA

View Full Version : The Anarchist's Workbench book

Dave Lehnert
09-17-2020, 12:22 PM
I know many have built the workbench by Christopher Schwarz. He has written a new book The Anarchist's Workbench. A good read for sure.
What is different about this book, and want to pass along ,is you can buy a hard copy of this book, but a PDF copy of the book is available for free over at the lost art press.
I would post a link but not sure if allowed here. But you should have no problem finding it.

I have yet to build one. Living in Cincinnati (Home of Popular Woodworking Magazine) I have got to see the original one built by Schwarz and talk to him. On my short list of projects for sure.

Marc Fenneuff
09-17-2020, 1:39 PM
This was a great read. Great that you got to meet him. Building one is on my bucket list.

Dave Lehnert
09-17-2020, 2:35 PM
This was a great read. Great that you got to meet him. Building one is on my bucket list.

Here are some photos

Michael Drew
12-09-2020, 1:07 PM
Thanks for posting this. I downloaded to PDF and have skipped through it. It's not just a book about building a workbench. It's a going to be a good book to read with much to learn from. I will be ordering the printed book as well. I am old school, and actually enjoy the experience of reading books.

Marc Fenneuff
12-09-2020, 7:44 PM
Chris Schwartz has several books available at lost art press. I'm currently reading his book on hand planes.

Alan Schwabacher
12-10-2020, 12:38 AM
It was a very nice gesture to make this book free.

The other authors at Lost Art Press are worth a look too.