PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0513X2 Coming Today

Chip Byrd
09-16-2020, 9:04 AM
I am totally stoked! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Albeit a 60-year-old kid.

Mike Kees
09-16-2020, 10:04 AM
Congradulations,hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Ron Selzer
09-16-2020, 3:29 PM
Congrats, hope you enjoy it for a long time
Ron

glenn bradley
09-16-2020, 4:09 PM
I bought the 'tweener' G0513X used back in 2007. Dad bought the G0513X2 (same saw with cast iron trunnions) shortly after. I use mine way more than dad uses his and have been very happy. I spent a Saturday morning setting the wheels co-planer and aligning the table/miter slot to the blade path. I also added a link belt but, just because I happen to have some handy. I also swapped the guide bearings for double-shielded once they were due. The thing is spooky quiet. It never does anything but work. I smile every time I turn it on.

May as well get this out of the way. I modified the dust collection by blocking off the lower port with a sheet magnet. I built a simple wooden box to surround the lower guides on three sides that stays in place with magnets.

441221 . 441220 . 441222

I added a bit of plywood to isolate the lower cabinet port similar to how some higher end saw come standard.

With these mods I get about this much dust in the lower cabinet after months of use.

441223 . 441226

Well worth the couple hours it took to figure out and build. I'm planning to modify the 'below the table box' to take a 4" hose next time around. I'll post when I do.

Curt Harms
09-17-2020, 8:18 AM
441223 . 441226

Well worth the couple hours it took to figure out and build. I'm planning to modify the 'below the table box' to take a 4" hose next time around. I'll post when I do.

I knew Cisco made routers, I didn't know they made Band Saws

:D

Jim Becker
09-17-2020, 10:12 AM

True dat! And removing that sticker would be my first step in cleaning it up. LOL (They were my competitor for many years)

Craig Farrell
09-17-2020, 11:26 AM
You should like the bandsaw. I just bought the Grizzly G0513X2BF 17" in June. It has the electric brake. Its been great so far. I ran the 20amp circuit for it and added a 20ft 14/3 SOOW rubber power cord. I bought the Grizzly T28000 mobile base to be able to move it around. I liked the base so much I bought a second one for my drill press. I ordered a 1/2" Timberwolf blade with it as I read the blade that comes with isn't very good. I have a 1" blade ordered but its on back order. My brother was out the day after I had it running to use it. I asked Grizzly about accessories for the miter gauge but they said they had none. Looks like its made for accessories such as hold down clamps.

glenn bradley
09-17-2020, 11:45 AM

:D

Cisco came up with this idea to mount their small switches via a magnet. This worked out well at the University but, a lot of locations had to be rack mounted. We had hundreds of these magnets stacked in a closet. I'm sorry I only ended up with a couple of dozen. They are great for covering ports, acting as anti-rattle devices on machine cabinets (don't worry Jim, I put them on the inside :D), and work as magnetic coasters for my coffee cup.

Chip Byrd
09-17-2020, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words! I will hopefully have the time this evening to get it set up.

Rod Sheridan
09-17-2020, 1:11 PM
I am totally stoked! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Albeit a 60-year-old kid.

You're getting a bear cub?

I had to look it up, it's actually a band saw.

Band saws are really important in my shop, hope you like yours.........Rod.

Clark Hussey
09-17-2020, 6:41 PM
I have had the 513X2 for about a year and a half. It was setup using Alex Snodgrees method. Have never had any issues With it.

Chip Byrd
09-18-2020, 5:55 AM
I just got it uncrated last evening. I intend to its the Snodgrass method, too!

I have had the 513X2 for about a year and a half. It was setup using Alex Snodgrees method. Have never had any issues With it.