PDA

View Full Version : where do you store your nail guns?

Travis Conner
09-13-2020, 10:38 PM
I have 5 or 6 nail guns of various types. Framing nailer, finishing, brad, pin, stapler. etc. I was going to stick them in a drawer of the tool box, but they take up some space. I was thinking about just putting them on a peg board.

Steve Rozmiarek
09-14-2020, 12:51 AM
They are awkward shaped things. The smaller ones can sit on a shelf like books, sort of. Big framers don't, mine are usually laying someplace inconvenient around a jobsite. Bags suck, boxes are to bulky, rafter hooks at least allow them to be hung. Good luck, let me know if you find a good system.

Tom Bain
09-14-2020, 7:33 AM
My smaller guns (pin, brad, and finishing) are hung and they live near my cordless drill and impact driver for quick access. My larger nailers (framing and coil) live in their factory storage cases on a shelf along with some other less frequently used items (SDS hammer drill and sawzall) , as I don’t use those in the shop very often (like almost never).

Travis Conner
09-14-2020, 8:29 AM
Ive always been the type to keep tools in their original plastic storage cases on a shelf, but I'm looking to move more stuff into a drawer of the tool box because when all your tools are the same brand you can't tell which is which. Lol

Jim Becker
09-14-2020, 9:00 AM
I store mine in a drawer.

Dave Sweeney
09-14-2020, 9:45 AM
I store mine, in their original plastic cases, under my workbench.

Bob Riefer
09-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Framing nailer is in its plastic case.

Smaller nailers fit into slots cut into a pine shelf similar to how many store their cordless drill/driver. Works really nicely, easy to grab when needed.

Thomas Colson
09-14-2020, 11:44 AM
I have a framer, a palm, and two brad guns. Where they're supposed to be stored: in the big bottom cabinet of my rolling toolbox where they all fit and I can keep it locked to prevent theft and unauthorized use. Where they actually get stored: all over the place, the reason why I have 2 brad guns is I can only ever find 1. As recently as this weekend went to blow some sawdust out of a rabbet and ended up shooting a brad in it. Shoulda put down the beer.....

John K Jordan
09-14-2020, 12:09 PM
I have 5 or 6 nail guns of various types. Framing nailer, finishing, brad, pin, stapler. etc. I was going to stick them in a drawer of the tool box, but they take up some space. I was thinking about just putting them on a peg board.

I bought a large roll-around tool bax with deep drawers mostly for a place to store pneumatic tools. I store the framing guns, nailers, pin nailers, and various staplers (plus the nails and staplers they use) in the drawers along with impact drivers, die grinders and other pneumatic tools. I also keep spare fittings, air tool oil, spare hoses and pigtails, impact sockets, and other stuff associated with air tools in the same tool box so everything will be in the same space. Since these tool boxes come with a number of smaller draws in the top cabinet that's a good place for storing other smaller specialty tools.

Lisa Starr
09-14-2020, 12:21 PM
Paslode Framing & Finish Nailers are in their cases in a lower cabinet along with a Stapler, Sabre Saw, MultiTool and Right Angle Drill. My 18 Gauge Nailer and Pin Nailer sit in slots on top of a cabinet behind my workbench as I use them frequently.

Tom M King
09-14-2020, 12:51 PM
Wherever you store them, it's a good idea to cap the inlets to keep insects out. After finding that out the hard way, I bought some vinyl caps off of ebay, and now there is never a problem.

Roger Feeley
09-14-2020, 3:05 PM
Framer, finish, brad, pin and staple guns are all in a row on pegboard. I got a bunch of little caps for the air connection so all are sealed.

Carroll Courtney
09-14-2020, 6:29 PM
I keep mine in drawer,try to be organized about it but failed. I have couple framers also that I keep in cabinet shelf.

lowell holmes
09-14-2020, 6:40 PM
I do the same. It works in a humid climate,

Travis Conner
09-14-2020, 8:13 PM
Tom that's the main reason I don't loan my nail guns out. For whatever reason everybody likes to rip the caps off and that drives me crazy. Whenever I disconnect the tool from the hose, the cap goes back on.

Dan Chouinard
09-14-2020, 9:34 PM
Picked up a real nice 5 drawer file cabinet real cheap ($20?) at a yard sale several years ago. Great for shop storage. Top drawer has miscellaneous fasteners, spaceballs, and kreg pocket hole jig in it. Second has quick grip, pinch, and small bar clamps. Middle drawer has two orbital sanders, one Festool the other Mirka, palm router and some sand paper. Fourth has four guns. Senco finish, Bostich staple and pinner. Cant remember who makes the blue brad gun that I have liked for a long time but it is better than others I have tried. Bottom drawer has finish, stains and oils.