PDA

View Full Version : Minimax FS30 Infeed/Outfeed Table Removal

Robert Galey
09-12-2020, 4:21 PM
I will be moving my household goods and woodworking equipment from Houston, TX to Northwest Arkansas in about 10 days. I have a Minimax FS30 Classic jointer/planer combo machine. Weighs about 540 lb (245 kg). I've had the J/P atop 4 x Zambus AC600S casters since I first bought the machine. Each caster is rated for 1100 lb, so plenty of caster capacity. I can roll it around with one hand. The moving guys say they can load it as-is, up the moving van's ramp. Alternatively, we have a smaller truck, with liftgate, on standby for my woodworking equipment.

We're scheduled to close on the house [sale] the day after the scheduled moving van load-out. I want to avoid any last minute load-out surprises. To reduce weight, I'm considering removing the jointer's infeed and outfeed tables. Looks like removal of four large Allen-bolts (two on each table) would allow me to detach the tables.

Has anyone ever removed the infeed/outfeed tables from a Minimax FS30?
Is removal as easy as it looks?
Might reinstall/alignment be a nightmare?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

mreza Salav
09-13-2020, 11:43 AM
I have moved my FS350 three times and each time I disassembled into pieces (including removal of the tables). Table removal is as easy as it looks. Just be careful if there are shims under the hinge side keep them in order. You'll need to spend an hour or so do dial it in once you put it back. Removal of the planer table and motor and cutter head assembly is more work but doable. I don't think you'd need to do those though. I had to take mine into/out of a basement with a 90 degree tight turn.

Warren Lake
09-13-2020, 12:34 PM
removed the tables once on the SCM Invincible combo, its 1,300 lbs that machine, 14" approx its metric so ill never know. No issues just in the way of it being lowered down 52" and figured best with them out of the way.

Your machine is light, you can take the tables off and strap it to a quality fridge dolly with creeper 2 people could take it upstairs.