PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell Invicta 22 650 feed knob doesn't work

Derek Kouns
09-03-2020, 2:50 PM
Hi,
I'm helping a friend with his planer. It is a Rockwell Invicta 22 650. It has a T handle on the side that engages the feed rollers. In order for this handle to work, you have to keep pulling pressure on it. As soon as you let the handle go it stops feeding. This seems odd to me. Can anyone provide any insight on this? It doesn't make sense that it is designed this way.

Thank you

glenn bradley
09-03-2020, 2:58 PM
From the parts diagram it looks like that handle relies on the gears meshing to hold it into position. All sorts of things could be in play; gears rounded off, oil or grease turned to gunk impeding full movement, slipped key or failed key way. None of this is as complex as it sounds. Google the parts diagram and you'll see it is a pretty basic mechanism. It wouldn't be much trouble to break it down and diagnose but, I'd charge your buddy a fifth of single malt for it at least :D. Otherwise he won't appreciate it as much. Remember the immortal words of wisdom:

“Oh, you have to charge 'em, Jubal. The marks won't pay attention if it's free.” ― Robert A. Heinlein,