PDA

View Full Version : Walmart +. membership card?

Bill Dufour
09-02-2020, 10:54 AM
I see that walmart is coming out with a memerbership program similar to amazon prime. I do not understand why anyone would pay $100 a year for the "service". Free delivery for $35 or more orders seems to be the big draw. But walmart already has free delivery for $35 or more orders so how is that a gain?
Target has that same deal if you use their credit card and you also get5% off on every purchase with their card. In store or online.
So what is the big deal with walmart. Just stupid customers and reporters who can not read? No tv show membership involved like with amazon.
Bill D.

Mike Henderson
09-02-2020, 11:53 AM
So far my experience with Walmart on-line has not been great. I ordered an Apple product (a charger) from one of their affiliated sellers which was advertised for a decent price. When I went to check out, there was a $4.00 adder to the price. I don't remember exactly what they called it, but I call it a "resort fee" - a charge that is not disclosed in the advertised price but they hit you with when you check out.

However, I went ahead and checked out. Then, the item I received was not an Apple product but a clone.

I went on the Walmart site and left a review with this information but they would not publish it. Tried twice and the review never appeared.

So I'm through with Walmart.

Mike

Brian Elfert
09-03-2020, 12:39 PM
It seems silly for Walmart to charge for Scan and Go. It saves them money by not having cashiers or self checkout machines. The shipping is a joke too. There are plenty of places that ship $35 orders for free with no membership. Shipping on everything should be free like Prime.

Nathan Johnson
09-03-2020, 2:39 PM
Pretty sure the $35 free shipping is Same Day with the Plus.

(I am not defending this membership, nor will I purchase it. Just clarifying.)

glenn bradley
09-03-2020, 3:02 PM
We are effected by Amazon's logistics engine the same way we are effected by Google's search engine; all others fall short.

Michael J Evans
09-03-2020, 3:58 PM
The article I read started the same same/next day delivery

Tyler Garrett
12-15-2020, 7:56 AM
I see that walmart is coming out with a memerbership program similar to amazon prime. I do not understand why anyone would pay $100 a year for the "service". Free delivery for $35 or more orders seems to be the big draw. But walmart already has free delivery for $35 or more orders so how is that a gain?
Target has that same deal if you use their credit card and you also get5% off on every purchase with their card. In store or online.
So what is the big deal with walmart. Just stupid customers and reporters who can not read? No tv show membership involved like with amazon.
Bill D. Customer support: walmart phone number (https://walmart.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html)

Really what's the difference?

Jim Matthews
12-16-2020, 8:16 AM
https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2020/09/01/walmart-introduces-walmart

I'm only guessing about demographics, but Walmart customers probably still hold brand loyalty.

The oddity is that if you're getting more deliveries, free of charge the fuel discount won't get much use.

I'm more interested in shopping at my local providers.

Ronald Blue
12-16-2020, 8:41 AM
The oddity is that if you're getting more deliveries, free of charge the fuel discount won't get much use.

People still need to drive some places. But I agree that it will be less of a benefit for some. We've been using the curbside pickup option since I fell ill and it really is very convenient. They give you a time slot, you arrive and call them and within 5 minutes you're on your way.

Bill Dufour
12-16-2020, 11:13 AM
My read on fuel discount sis they are worthless. The ones I have seen save 10-15 cents per gallon at the most expensive brands. I spend 20 cents less per gallon at Arco at any time.
Bill D.

Mike Henderson
12-16-2020, 11:17 AM
My read on fuel discount sis they are worthless. The ones I have seen save 10-15 cents per gallon at the most expensive brands. I spend 20 cents less per gallon at Arco at any time.
Bill D.

I haven't done a study, but it sure seems to me that Costco's price on gas is lower than I can get it at any of the stations in my area.

Mike

Jim Becker
12-16-2020, 1:00 PM
I haven't done a study, but it sure seems to me that Costco's price on gas is lower than I can get it at any of the stations in my area.

Mike
Very true here which is why Costco gets nearly 100% of our gasoline business for three vehicles...plus an addition 4% less than that via year end rebate because we use their VISA card to pay for it. Even less at their NJ location if I'm headed that way for some reason. We're talking $2.139 right now compared to $2.549 at the lowest local stations. (WAWA)

Jim Matthews
12-16-2020, 1:53 PM
... compared to $2.549 at the lowest local stations. (WAWA)

https://youtu.be/dqPxDYdbgoc

Ronald Blue
12-16-2020, 3:11 PM
Very true here which is why Costco gets nearly 100% of our gasoline business for three vehicles...plus an addition 4% less than that via year end rebate because we use their VISA card to pay for it. Even less at their NJ location if I'm headed that way for some reason. We're talking $2.139 right now compared to $2.549 at the lowest local stations. (WAWA)

Similar at Sam's here. I haven't been there in a while of course but they were more than 10 cents per gallon less than other stations and a cash rebate at the end of the year that you can spend just like cash in store.

Myk Rian
12-18-2020, 11:33 AM
We buy Costco or Kroger. Usually a cent from each other, but lower than all the other stations around.