PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield

Howie French
12-31-2005, 11:18 AM
I am considering purchasing a Trend Airshield, I would be interested in hearing any comments from current users and others that have considered
something like this.

http://www.allprotools.com/store/page285.html#3097

thanks, Howie

Ken Fitzgerald
12-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Howie....if you'll do a search using trend airshield as the search words you can see many threads and reviews by others here that have used same.

Jim Becker
12-31-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=28500 (your other thread has some good comments)

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Got it and glad I have it. Works great!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Howie French
12-31-2005, 12:38 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=28500 (your other thread has some good comments)

Jim,

yes it did, just figured I would ask on the Turner's forum as well, I am assuming not everyone visits both forums.

Raymond Overman
12-31-2005, 1:07 PM
I received one for Christmas (gloaty, gloat, gloat) and have used it a couple of times. I'm quite happy with the results and have noticed an improvement in the he-man nose blowing sessions after turning and sanding.

Realize what the airshield does though. It's does not protect you completely from dust but it does create positive pressure inside the mask which helps.

rick fulton
12-31-2005, 4:47 PM
Howie -

I have used the Airshield for about 6 months. It takes some time getting used to the added weight above and forward of your face. I have to set the head band rather tight to keep the helmet from slipping down and forward. This tendency to move is exaggerated when the face shield is lifted. The unit will hold two battery packs at the same time. You may find it worth the extra money to buy a second battery pack to ensure you don't run low on power to the fan.

I am still interested in buying an Aircap. The product looks to be lighter on the head, uses standard filters, and may have a better fit. I'm unsure how it "opens" - maybe one just puts it on backwards. Have you ruled the Aircap out? If so, why?

Good post. Thanks!
rick

Kurt Forbes
12-31-2005, 6:49 PM
friend of mine cautioned me about buying one that has a vent tube that you attach to the back of your belt he said if you fart you are liable to kill yourself :)
I got a good laugh from it

Jim Bell
12-31-2005, 9:15 PM
I,ve had my Trend for a year and a half. All is well and if it breaks in the morning I'd buy the same unit again
Jim

Carole Valentine
12-31-2005, 9:25 PM
I have a Trend. I do not wear it often anymore for extended sessions. Because of the bulk in the lower front, I have to tilt my head down more than normal to see what I am doing and I started having neck problems when I was doing a lot of turning. The other reason is I have an unheated shop and in the winter that airflow is just too damned cold (ok in the summer though) The same problem would probably happen with any of the "airshield" type products. The Trend DOES catch an awful lot of dust. You don't realize how much of that stuff you may have been breathing until you look at the filter after turning and sanding a walnut bowl.