PDA

View Full Version : Jigsaw with dust collection

Bernie Kopfer
08-28-2020, 6:33 PM
The other day I had to cut 15 ft of 2 1/4 " plywood with my trusty, but old Bosch 1587. Did it inside and then had to spend an hour eradicating sawdust from all over the shop. Between the vac, air cleaner and leaf blower it got done. I said never again! So i'm in the market for a high quality corded jigsaw with vacuum attachment capabilities. Makita makes one but not too highly thought of. Bosch only has a afterthought vacuum slip-on shoe device that I would like to know if anybody uses and likes.
Bosch's best jigsaw the 572 is priced at about 200 plus 30 for the vacuum shoe.. Festool starts at 275 for the Trion and 405 for the Carvex plus 125 for an angle shoe. I need to be convinced that The Festool is worth the extra considering I do not need to cut 1/2" diameter circles. Most any jigsaw will cut straight lines in thinner material but when it comes to thick material and curves the better and best get separated quickly. Your experience with these units and thoughts on dust collection will be important to me.

glenn bradley
08-28-2020, 6:42 PM
The Bosch JA1005 came with my 1591. Your manual may show vacuum attachments for your model.

Jim Becker
08-28-2020, 8:24 PM
I have an older Festool. It was actually the first Festool tool I bought back in the mid-2000s. It cuts straight and true including in thick material (one of the things that sold me) and the dust collection is reasonably effective. It will never be perfect because of blade exposure below the workpiece, however. Nature of the tool.

Bernie Kopfer
08-28-2020, 11:09 PM
The Bosch JA1005 came with my 1591. Your manual may show vacuum attachments for your model.

Glenn in your estimation does the Dust extraction Shoe work very well?

Dave Sabo
08-29-2020, 3:23 PM
if you want the best jigsaw, and can live with a barrel grip; then this is the one:

https://www.timberwolftools.com/mafell-p1cc-jigsaw

No ridiculous base set to buy for beveled cuts, and no daffy blade thickness adjustments to make every time you change blades.