PDA

View Full Version : If only Neanderthals had had veneer adhesive like this

bill epstein
08-25-2020, 6:56 PM
Their caves would've been marquetry veneered, not painted.

Just completed veneering a large box using Better Bond X-Press. I've used PPR for years, considering it the king of veneer adhesives, but always dreaded the weighing, mixing, and inhaling. Came across the stuff just recently https://www.veneersupplies.com/products/Better-Bond-X-Press-Veneer-Glue.html

X-Press allows one the privilege of paying the USPS for shipping water :D but it washes the drudgery away. Perfect mix from the jug. 45 minutes in the clamps, trim, and go on to the next side.

Phil Mueller
08-26-2020, 7:32 AM
Joe’s products are good quality. I do like the idea of the darker colored glue especially for walnut burls and the like. My go to has been Titebond Cold Press and I’ve had good success with it. But I’m running low, so may need to give the X-Press a try. I like to support Joe whenever I can.

mike stenson
08-26-2020, 11:04 AM
I've used a lot of the X-Press glue for veneering. It certainly does work as advertised, and yes the darker glue is great for darker veneers.. and it's easier than catalyzed glues (which is what I'd mostly used previously for veneering).