PDA

View Full Version : P.0. Box 81069

Stephen Tashiro
08-25-2020, 6:13 PM
Is the address P.0. Box 81069 Austin TX 78708 frequently used by fraudsters? - or is it the address of a legitimate business?
Looking it up on Google, I can't tell. Lots of different businesses have (or have had) that address.

A letter was delivered to my house with the return address New Mexico EPC Progam, P.0. Box 8109 Austin TX 78708. It seems strange that a New Mexico program would have an address in Texas. The letter is addressed to a name that matches that of a most wanted fugitive who was arrested in NM in 2017 (not to me).

roger wiegand
08-25-2020, 6:29 PM
Almost certainly a scam. (like 99.999999% and then some likely). Probably phishing for your personal information or trying to get you to send money to release some funds you have on a debit/credit card you never knew you had if you respond in any way. Lots of similar reports out there. Pitch it and forget it.

Bruce Wrenn
08-29-2020, 8:51 PM
Could be one of those postal stores. Many small (one man ) businesses use them, though not as much now as in the past. With the internet, you can quickly look address and figure out that the business isn't physically located at shipping address. All customers have same box number. NC used to tax nonresident servicemen. Alabama didn't, so there was a thriving business of using a remailing service in Alabama as your permanent address. Everybody had the same post office box number, or street address. Mail to there was forwarded to customers.