PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
08-23-2020, 8:27 PM
23 Aug 2020

Greetings,
I actually took a couple of days off work at the day job and spent it helping around the house and actually spending a bit of time in the shop. I went with The LOML to take a placement test at a local community college, and she tested well. She then got a call back from the school asking her if she was ready to start school. She said "yes". Her 1st ever class starts this week!!! My wife, The LOML, is starting college! I'm so proud of her!
I spent some time in the shop cleaning, organizing a bit, AND.....finally....getting my Powermatic jointer up and running once again. The bearings that were shipped on the new Shelix cutter head were in fact....bad. I ordered new NSK 6204 bearings because I like NSK bearings and Byrd Tool sent me a set of replacement bearings as well, but it was a brand of bearing that I never heard of and opted to install the NSK bearings. I got the cutter head installed and aligned the tables. Turned it on and poof!!! Quiet, smooth, and sweet!!!! Love my new cutter head and I really love having my jointer back!!!
I also spent some time using scrap stock in my shop and made a storage rack for my cordless drills and cordless sawzall. It all turned out really well. I'm ready for cooler days and nights and I past ready for summer to be over! I need to be out of the humidity and heat of summer!

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all!

Jim Becker
08-24-2020, 9:02 AM
'Glad you got some time off to play, Dennis!

The majority of my "woodworking" time this past week was spent on my room renovation project, specifically, the flooring. As of yesterday, all of the floor finishing is completed. Remaining tasks are shoe molding, new shelves for the wall cubby and some paint touch-up as well as connecting the two replacement outlets/wiring to the circuit.

I did get time on the weekend to work on two pet urns for a close friend as well as more time with some modeling in Aspire for a client.

This week...more of the same. I want to get all the things currently on my plate completed before I do the eye thing on the 11th which will keep me out of the shop for probably a month.

mike stenson
08-24-2020, 4:28 PM
I got another wall wired (well, receptacles and trim rough in wiring was done a long time ago now), insulated, installed an exhaust fan and got drywall up this weekend. The exhaust fan's going to be huge. Not because I'm looking to exhaust fumes etc outside (although that's nice), but because the biggest issue I have keeping my shop cool is having to start from scratch cooling the interior. Generally it's cooler outside, so starting at outside temps has made a huge difference already. I also installed a couple more lights, including one in hutch of my metal bench. Not much to see, but it's progress...

Lisa Starr
08-24-2020, 4:47 PM
Some time at my son's home rough plumbing the new master bath. Also, I'm working on pre-finishing parts of his master bath vanity that I'm building, so that was my shop time. The rest of the weekend was "recliner time".

Paul F Franklin
08-24-2020, 6:40 PM
I finished redoing the office windows: new weatherstripping, crank operators, and paint and got them all back together. Also replaced the insect screens with no-see-um screening. Not quite "turn off the AC and open the windows" weather here yet, but it will be soon. Got the outsides of the 12 drawers sanded and spray finished (insides were done before assembly), cut the notches for the undermount slides, and attached the slide locking devices. Drawers are now completely finished. Made some trim pieces needed for cab install and got them spray finished. Built two plywood bases for under the cabinets and got them installed nice and level after screwing the you know what out of the subfloor to squeak proof it as much as possible. One of the bases needed ducting to extend a return duct that would have been buried by the cabinets. so that was a bit of fussing, but made it work. Time to install the cabinets!