PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Cyclone

Scott Coffelt
07-11-2003, 8:26 PM
Here is a picture of the terry Hatfield Cyclone I built. I still have some ducting to do, but the cyclone is completed. Also pictured is a torrit filter stack and the muffler I built.

Can't wait to get the rest completed. I will post a shop tour once I am done with everything.

Pretty massive for my 14x26 basement shop.

:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
07-11-2003, 8:35 PM
Very nice job, Scott! You'll enjoy having a great cyclone system in your shop...the size of which doesn't matter as wood dust is a dangerous thing and needs to be dealt with.

I do have one question...Is there any way you can straighten out that outlet to your filters? Although it's less of an issue on the outlet side of the blower, that bend is pretty nasty!! :D

Scott Coffelt
07-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Extremely limited on space. Once I get all of the piping in and everything back into palce, I will have a better feel. I had some concerns as I felt it ould great some back pressure. If I can do anything it will be to add an 8-10" piece of duct between the first two elbows. I have to wait until I get my new ceiling and shop lights in to see the clearance available. Thanks for the input.

Derek Arita
07-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Looks like a great job. I just got my DE a few weeks ago, but haven't yet started construction of it. I'm happy to see there will be plenty of knowledgable sources for info when I come up with all of my questions. Hope mine ends up looking half as good.

Dennis Peacock
07-12-2003, 9:10 PM
Excellent job and a job well done there Scott....!!!! Looks like you have made a lot of good progress since Terry and I were there a while back. I am proud of you for getting so much done. Looks very good and I can't wait to see the pics of the final setup and your thoughts on it all.

I am still very much in LOVE with my Terry Hatfield Cyclone setup and couldn't be any more pleased with the results. :)