PDA

View Full Version : Rockler European Sliding Door Kit #88155 Questions

Lisa Starr
08-18-2020, 11:12 AM
Hi I'm building a vanity for my son and using the Rockler European Sliding Door Kit. The directions that came with the kit doesn't give any dimensions relating to where the door will sit in relation to the track. There are different instructions on their site, but they are equally unclear. Hafele offers very clear dimensions for their product. They look the same. Does anyone know if the Rockler product is just a private label of the same product? Have you used the Rockler product and found more information some place?

Thanks

Jamie Buxton
08-18-2020, 2:13 PM
Have you seen this page on the Rockler site? It has a bunch of dimensions. http://go.rockler.com/tech/88155.pdf

Jamie Buxton
08-18-2020, 2:18 PM
The Rockler photos show a marking on the bottom roller which say Trola Rolle 2000. I see an offering from Hafele with the same markings.

Paul F Franklin
08-18-2020, 3:22 PM
The Wood Talk guys, who are back on the "air" and now sponsored by Rockler, have been promoting Rockler's "Expert Advice" service. If you click on the expert advice link at the bottom of their main page, you can choose how to contact them with questions. If you do contact them, please report back if they were actually able to provide "expert advice".

Thomas McCurnin
08-18-2020, 6:30 PM
Its a mortised sheve. I think that is what it is called, a simple enclosed roller which rides on a track. I installed some on a pantry door. They were full mortised, not a half mortise like yours. The roller appears to go up or down, to adjust the roller (and the attached door) up or down by perhaps an eighth of an inch using a cam adjustment. Looks easy to install and adjust.

That said, I'd build a small mock-up with scrap before I would use it on a project.

Lisa Starr
08-19-2020, 1:09 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes Jamie, I saw the Rockler info you linked. It shows lots of dimensions, but not the distance from the back of the door to the center line of the track. I used a spec sheet from the Hafele to build a mockup this morning, and they appear to be identical. Paul, the Expert Advise didn't work very well for me.

Again, thanks everyone.

Paul F Franklin
08-19-2020, 2:28 PM
..... Paul, the Expert Advise didn't work very well for me.

Again, thanks everyone.

Well, that's too bad, but I can't say I'm too surprised. Thanks for the report!