PDA

View Full Version : Next Project

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-30-2005, 8:41 PM
When I actually start this project, progress reports will have to be in another form.

As you all should know by now.................I don't do square corners well, so wish me luck.

My daughter-in-law asked for this and I don't see how I can turn her down, so I'm going to need A LOT of help to get it done and lookin' good.

I chose Walnut for all the framing and a Quilted Red Oak for the end panels and the spindles.

I've rough cut the boards and will be getting them ready for final cuts next.

Thanks for lookin and keep a good thought.

Bruce;)

Jim Dunn
12-30-2005, 8:55 PM
Bruce, that's quite a project you've got going there if you don't like square corners. Course I think you've got a hidden gloat in there?

Jim

Bob Noles
12-30-2005, 9:03 PM
Bruce,

That appears to be quite a challange you took on. I can't wait to see how it all turns out, but seeing your other work, I know it will be spectacular.

Keith Burns
12-30-2005, 9:20 PM
Bruce, that is quite a project you've taken on but I know you'er up to it. I assume you're going to turn the spindles. Looking forward to the progress reports.

Jerry Clark
12-30-2005, 9:25 PM
Hey Bruce, sure hope that you do progress pictures :rolleyes: and I am sure it will turn out and be in the family long after you. :) Nice project!

Ernie Nyvall
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Quick, somebody air Bruce up. He's going flat!!!:D

Looks like a great project Bruce. This baby bed is what got me started back in to woodworking a couple of years ago. However your's looks a bit more complicated.

Go for it.

Ernie

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey Ernie......... lookin at your bed makes me MORE scared than I was.

I guess that something like that will be next!

Bruce

Bernie Weishapl
12-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Bruce you will do fine. Looks like a neat project.

Pat Salter
12-31-2005, 12:58 AM
It's a funny thing, even if it's not perfect, they will love it and you. And that's all that matters.

Gary DeWitt
12-31-2005, 3:11 AM
Hey, Bruce, that's a great project to do. With luck, several generations will use it, and the look of appreciation you'll get from your daughter in law is priceless.
You'll do fine, and don't forget to sign and date it on the bottom. Someone a long time from now will be wondering about it.

John Hart
12-31-2005, 6:55 AM
From Chess Pieces to Baby Furniture....You are a man of all seasons Bruce! Good luck in this next adventure! ;) :) :)