PDA

View Full Version : Any one have plans for.....

Gary Jacuk
12-30-2005, 8:40 PM
Anyone have plans for an ark ? We're about an hour outside of Sacramento up in the foothills and the weather service is predicting 5 to 10 inches of rain in the next 24 hours:eek: . WOW. That's about 50 to 100 inches of snow for you cold climate folks. Reckon it will do wonders for the fungus and moss crops growing around our place.
Soggily yours,
Gary

Jim Dunn
12-30-2005, 8:49 PM
Gary just be glad your basement is dry. It could be worse what with the fires in OK. My brother lives in Oklahoma City suburb and he can see and smell the smoke.

Jim

Jim O'Dell
12-30-2005, 9:47 PM
Yeah, send that rain to us. 3 to 4 weeks ago there were 500 acres burned by us. Got to within 1/4 mile of our house. Texas and Oklahoma are in bad shape. I never stay up on New Year's Eve, but I just might this year. We live in the county, can burn etc. Fireworks are legal to shoot here in the neighborhood. There is a family across the creek to the north of us that shoot big stuff. I mean fireworks display size cannons. After a 4th of July or New Year's Eve, we find bottle rocket remains in our back yard. If they are stupid enough to do it again this year, I'm afraid we are going to have some real problems. Jim.

Frank Chaffee
12-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Good luck Gary,
I’ve been around there and even if your house is well sited you could lose your road.

Stay dry,
Frank

Frank Chaffee
12-30-2005, 10:50 PM
And good luck to you people near the fires on the plains too!

LOML went thru that recently with forest fires in the mountains around Tucson.

Godspeed.

Frank

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2005, 1:56 AM
Man....we sure could USE some RAIN!!!!! We're in a severe drought here and no rain in site. Even water supplies are getting low, wells are going dry, etc. So, If you can spare some rain? Send it to Arkansas!!! Please?

Bill Wiggins
12-31-2005, 7:58 AM
I don't have any plans for an Ark, but I do remember something about "cubits".

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2005, 8:02 AM
I don't have any plans for an Ark, but I do remember something about "cubits".

Well...do you know HOW we got cubits? As a measurement that is.

Gary Jacuk
12-31-2005, 1:00 PM
Dennis,
I wish we could send all of you that need it a bit of what we've gotten up here on the divide. 8+ inches of rain since noon yesterday !
I don't know where cubits came from, but isn't it the distance from your elbow to your thumb, or some such thing ?
All you folks in Oklahoma and Texas, we'll work on pushing the jet stream far enough south to give you all some much needed rain. No time like the New Year to start diong things right.

Gary

Frank Chaffee
12-31-2005, 1:08 PM
Good luck Gary.

Dennis,
Please don’t keep us in suspense about this cubit thing.

I’m guessing it had something to do with a hail storm.

Frank