PDA

View Full Version : SawStop Base not going down

tim walker
08-12-2020, 2:53 PM
My SS PCS mobile base is not releasing and going down so that it sits firmly on the floor. Anyone else have this issue and is there a remedy if you did? Thanks

Matt Day
08-12-2020, 3:22 PM
Since it’s daytime on a weekday you might get quicker help calling SawStop.

Frank Pratt
08-12-2020, 4:25 PM
Since it’s daytime on a weekday you might get quicker help calling SawStop.

This. I've called them a couple of times with questions and they're knowledgeable & will be able to answer better than anyone here.

Paul F Franklin
08-12-2020, 7:44 PM
Sounds like the release valve isn't opening enough. There's an adjustment procedure in the manual, but basically you loosen the two bolts that set the orientation of the release pedal to the release valve, and shift the release pedal so it will open the valve further when depressed. I had to adjust mine when I first got it as it was taking forever to lower. Just don't shift it too much or the saw will lower with a bang. You want it to take a few seconds to lower from fully raised position.

Frank Pratt
08-12-2020, 11:30 PM
He's got a PCS base, which is purely mechanical. It's the ICS base that has the hydraulic cylinder

Dan Rude
08-14-2020, 1:10 PM
Since you have the Mechanical base, you might have something lodged between the pedals. The pin might have popped out on the release foot or the spring came off of the 2 pins. If you look at the manual, they have directions for assembly of this base using the fence rails to tilt the saw over. Good Luck. Dan

tim walker
08-15-2020, 7:12 PM
I have the hydraulic cylinder. Its called the Industrial Mobile Base. Has a hydraulic cylinder on one corner with a foot release to lower.

Matt Day
08-15-2020, 7:36 PM
Have you called SawStop yet?

tim walker
08-15-2020, 8:28 PM
Yes, he sent me a pdf manual and a page on how to purge the hydraulic cylinder of air. Did not work. I did notice that perhaps the "arm" closest to the hydraulic cylinder may be dragging against the saw preventing full lowering of the saw. I haven't been able to get it moved over in we are kind of remote area so no one to really help move the beast. I decided to try some hard plastic shims underneath and that seems to have worked for now.