PDA

View Full Version : File not engraving

Ian Wilson (AUST)
08-12-2020, 6:47 AM
Have alot of saved files from Students who Graduated and wanted their University Degrees engraved. Havent done one for about 5 years but needed to do one today....using same material and settings as before.

The Uni Crest (which is detailed) engraved really "washed out" ( horrible) the text was perfect. The file was probably from Corelx6 yet I am using Corel 2020...could this be the problem, do I need to update the old file????

I tried to attach file but both PDF and CRD file are too big.

I can email ...happy to pay if someone can make the file engravable?

Kind regards,

Ian.

Mike Null
08-12-2020, 6:24 PM
Ian
In order to post and view files you need to be a contributor. You can do that for as little as $6 US per year.

You do not need to update your files. The old ones should work perfectly well.

Do a search for vectorizing services. There are a lot of them.

Ian Wilson (AUST)
08-12-2020, 8:42 PM
Thanks Mike.............who and how do I send $$$ too...this is a great forum!!!!!
Its weird as the file was all vectorised and engraved perfectly years ago....why is the same file not working now? I tried many files with the same crest and same problem....got me beat.

Bert Kemp
08-13-2020, 12:59 AM
top of page see DONATE 6 bucks a year

Mike Null
08-13-2020, 10:10 AM
I have lost my links to vector services but the most recent one I used was an Indian firm. Very fast, very good and cheap.

Tony Lenkic
08-13-2020, 1:45 PM
Mike,

Is it Excalibur creations ( William Desrochers) you are thinking of?
His website is still active so I think he is doing conversions.

Kev Williams
08-13-2020, 3:20 PM
Is the crest a bitmap or vector art? If it's a bitmap your power/speed etc should be different from the text settings...