View Full Version : My Lathe Cabinet/Bench...

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2005, 2:10 PM
Well, I found out my lathe won't ship from PSI until 1-5 since they are shutdown for year end inventory. Oh well.... anyway, I started this lathe cabinet yesterday. It needed to be mobile but substantial. I put locking wheels on the back side so it would roll when turning. I skirted it so you can't see the wheels. 2 large drawerers to hold all kinds of turning tools and supplies and a large shelf on the bottom. Still have to put the drawer fronts on as I ran out of material. Anyway, here she is! Comments welcome!

Corey

Scott Donley
12-30-2005, 3:03 PM
Looking good Corey ! Is it just me or does your shop space keep getting smaller? :)

John Hart
12-30-2005, 3:10 PM
Great lookin' bench Corey!! Yeah...as I recall, your shop is in the garage. Have your cars moved out permanently yet? :)

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2005, 3:15 PM
Thanks guys, yes, the shop is shrinking. The cars are very much in danger of getting eviction notices :)

Corey

Jerry Clark
12-30-2005, 3:27 PM
Handy looking cabinet Corey. Should hold lots of "Stuff".:rolleyes:

Bob Noles
12-30-2005, 3:50 PM
Corey,

WOW..... GREAT job! I'm jealous now cause yours is nicer than mine :eek:

I really like the design and all that storage space will be handy without a doubt.

Be sure to post us an update when you finish.

Bernie Weishapl
12-30-2005, 4:43 PM
Corey beautiful job. That should get you going. Big Red should look really good on there.

Michael Stafford
12-30-2005, 4:58 PM
Excellent cabinet, Corey. With all the paraphernalia associated with lathes you cannot have too much storage. Evict the cars, eh? I believe I would check with SWMBO before making such a rash action. You may find yourself evicted and you don't have a doghouse to retreat to do you?:p :eek: :D

Ernie Nyvall
12-30-2005, 5:35 PM
Great cabinet Corey. All that storage will be great. Just make shure you shut them completely before turning.

Hey, did you rig it so it will stay put while turning? Just wondering what you did for that.

Ernie

Bill Stevener
12-30-2005, 5:43 PM
That should do the job for ya. Like to see it when the lathe is on it. Thanks for showing.
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Corey Hallagan
12-30-2005, 6:37 PM
Thanks guys! Ernie, the rear wheels have locks on them and should hold it in place ok. If I find that it slides on the locked wheels I can position it so the back is up against my work bench and she won't go no where.
Bob, I don't know about better than yours though!

Corey