PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Lace

Bruce Jones
08-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Hello once again everyone here are some photos of my latest work.

" Celtic Lace"
This Segmented piece was turned on the lathe first then hand carved with 14 flutes and a lace rim she finished at 12" x 4 1/2". Made from Walnut and Maple, the Gold & Copper metallic coloring on the rim is a product called Rub&Buff; the lines in the rim are colored with DecoArt Dazzling Metallics and the final finish is satin Lacquer.

Dave Mount
08-03-2020, 11:36 AM
Wow. You're made of stuff I am not. Very impressive.

Ron Selzer
08-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Very nice, that has to be a lot of hours and tremendous amount of talent
Ron

Bruce Jones
08-03-2020, 2:22 PM
Thank you Dave and Ron I started this project at the end of April but have not worked on it the whole time. I spent most of that time building a deck on the back of my house working on this in evenings when I had some energy left over. It was just the last few days I pushed hard on completing it because I have several more in my mind I want to get going before winter sets in.

Bruce

Frederick Skelly
08-03-2020, 8:45 PM
Another beautiful piece Bruce! Thanks for showing us.
Fred

Bruce Jones
08-04-2020, 2:18 PM
Thank you very much Fred... This piece was chosen for the WOW cover yesterday evening.

Frederick Skelly
08-04-2020, 7:06 PM
Thank you very much Fred... This piece was chosen for the WOW cover yesterday evening.

Good for you man! :)

Bruce Jones
08-06-2020, 10:41 AM
Thank you Fred

Brian Tymchak
08-06-2020, 11:19 AM
That is quite impressive Bruce. Congrats on another excellent piece and getting the cover on WoW.

I just realized that the rim iappears to be more woven and not cut. Very nice.

Bruce Jones
08-10-2020, 2:43 PM
That is quite impressive Bruce. Congrats on another excellent piece and getting the cover on WoW.

I just realized that the rim iappears to be more woven and not cut. Very nice.Thank you Brian yes hand carved to look like a woven celtic knot.

Mel Fulks
08-10-2020, 7:39 PM
just now seeing that, Bruce. If you weren't the one posting that unlikely feat ,my reply would be "tell us about the the
brass part .Or is that gold !" You have done the impossible ! Inform the press then sell to Ripley Museum !

Bruce Jones
08-11-2020, 1:36 PM
I love your response Mel, I'm pleased with how this one turned out; and I'm already working on the next idea.

Bruce