PDA

View Full Version : Belated introductory post

Ed Frie
12-30-2005, 10:13 AM
It has finally dawned on me that i never did the Introductory Post.

Hi, I am an anesthesiologist here in SE Minnesota. I have been messing around with WW for some years, learned some from my dad.
I have a bunch of tools, all of a separate two car garage as my shop, not enough electricity for 220 requiring tools, but I do okay. Thing I don't know how to do is post pictures of my stuff. Perhaps someone can educate me.
I just finished two cherry end tables (first cherry experience). I have made medicine cabinets, Mission tables and bed frames, etc. Next project will be an oak set of barrister book cases (the kind with hanging glass doors)
Just a hack really, but, to paraphase someone, I have fun cutting up perfectly good wood and glueing it back together again.
As I have said, I really appreciate the civility of this forum. I totally despise rudeness. Just me, I guess.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Ed Welcome to the Creek!

Posting pics.....scroll down below the window where you're inputing your text....click on Manage Attachments........Browse to where the photos are on your computer ......select the photo......click upload and wait for it to upload....in a box you'll see upload complete and the name of the photo.....Photo's can't be more than 125k IIRC ......most folks edit the photo size to 650 pixels horizontally and maintain the aspect ratio.....resize before you upload obviously.....then I think there is a maximum of 5 photos per post.

One other gotcha.........do not Preview your posting after you upload the photos! Your photos won't display if you do.

If you do a search or advanced search on photo posting you can probably find threads with more detailed information.

Good Luck and again........Welcome to the Creek!

tod evans
12-30-2005, 10:20 AM
welcome ed, i too despise rudeness even though i`m a grizzled, opinionated ol` hillbilly:)

David Fried
12-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Ed,

Welcome! A late intro is better than no intro. A anesthesiologist making medicine cabinets made me giggle but it is on my to-do list so please post pictures. Sounds like quite a collection of complete projects, I look forward to seeing more.

Dave Fried

Ted Shrader
12-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Ed,

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out. Ken has given you the tutorial on posting photos. Remember - If there are no pictures, it didn't happen! :)

Regards,
Ted

Tyler Howell
12-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Welcome Ed we use our skates this time of year in the creek. Glad to have you.
How far SE????

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Ed....you saw how quickly Tyler jumped in after the word "photo" was inputed into this message.....He's the head of the Photo Cops here at SMC!:D

Dan Larson
12-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi Ed, welcome! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your projects.

Dan

Dennis Peacock
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi Ed and WELCOME to SMC!!!!!

Cecil Arnold
12-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Welcome Ed, it's a great place and a nice bunch of people.

Ed Frie
12-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I will try to post pics the first chance I get.

Tyler, I am in Rochester MN, I work for a fairly-well-known little clinic down here.

Anyway...thanks for having me.

Aaron Koehl
12-30-2005, 1:23 PM
Ed,

Welcome-- glad to see you got the registration thing worked out!

Jim Becker
12-30-2005, 2:14 PM
Welcome, Ed!

Frank Pellow
12-30-2005, 4:56 PM
A belated welcome right back at you Ed.

Thomas Prondzinski
12-30-2005, 5:18 PM
Welcome Ed

Tom

Glenn Clabo
12-30-2005, 5:50 PM
An anesthesiologist that is a woodworker...now I have to consult with DrLOML Nurse about the concerns I have.:rolleyes: :eek: ;) :cool:

Jim Dunn
12-30-2005, 6:00 PM
Welcome Ed. Only anesthesiologist I know is the one that put meeeeee tooooo sleee

Jim

John Bailey
12-30-2005, 7:48 PM
Ed,

Good to have you on board. We have a lot of folks around the Great Lakes on the "Creek." As you have surmised, we are a very civil group here, so it sounds like you will fit in nicely. We also have a lot of fun, so post away when you get the picture thing worked out.

John

Roger Bailey
12-31-2005, 9:10 AM
Hi Ed! Glad you joined the group, the more the better.

Steve Clardy
12-31-2005, 11:27 AM
Welcome Ed!!

Dave Richards
03-07-2006, 1:00 PM
How'd I miss this post?

A very belated welcome to the Creek, Ed.

You want this guy overseeing your procedure if you ever need to have one. ;)

He could probably do the surgery if you need joint replacement. Well, if you don't mind replacing your knee with a mortise and tenon. :D

Ed Frie
03-07-2006, 3:14 PM
Thanks for another round of welcomes. Dave Richards bumped my intro post to the top today because we just figured out that we both work for this little clinic here in Rochester. In fact, just an hour ago he walked past me as I was viewing SMC. He figured it out before I did. We have talked wood working before. You all should see the quality of work he is capable of.

As for posting pics, I tried to follow the instructions given me, but I got hung up on re-sizing the pic. The upload was disallowed. Apparently I don't have the software to do it. Do I need some clone of photoshop or does XP have a way to do it? I just finished the foot board on a mission style king-size bed that I would like to post, but do I need to go software shopping first? Or can I use a picture hosting site like Epson's to resize them? I am afraid I am illiterate in many ways.:confused:

Steve Clardy
03-07-2006, 3:20 PM
Do a search for Easy Thunbnails. Free download usually at C-net.

Tyler Howell
03-07-2006, 6:17 PM
Ed.
We may have to do a Creeker visit sometime soon. I get to RST often. Dave and I hook up when we can.;)

Vaughn McMillan
03-07-2006, 8:04 PM
Hi Ed, and a belated welcome from me, too.

...Hi, I am an anesthesiologist here in SE Minnesota...
That's OK. Here at SMC we welcome everyone, regardless of their religion or location. :D Heck, they even let me in, and I'm a wordologist from Tujunga.

Regarding the picture posting and resizing, there just happens to be a step-by-step tutorial on that very subject in the Support Forum:

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31106

Again, welcome!

- Vaughn