PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly cordless drills VS Craftsman cordless drills ....

Clarence Martinn
07-31-2020, 8:19 PM
Let the debate begin !!! LOL

The Craftsman 20 Volt Cordless drill/ driver vs The Grizzly 20 Volt Cordless drill driver. Which is better ?????

glenn bradley
07-31-2020, 8:44 PM
Pass on both. Go mainline or Harbor Freight. Middle ground on cordless tools leads to battery fulfillment issues IME.

Richard Coers
07-31-2020, 9:02 PM
No debate from me. It's either Milwaukee, Dewalt, or Bosch. I'd assume Craftsman and Grizzly come from the same factory. Maybe even Harbor Freight too.

Robert D Evans
07-31-2020, 9:55 PM
I've been using Rigid cordless drills and impact drivers for the last several years. They have a lifetime service agreement if you buy them from Home Depot and register them on the Rigid website. This covers the drill, batteries and charger. In the past, the batteries have died on my cordless drills and replacements are almost the cost of a new drill. So far, my 3 Rigid drills have been holding up.

Andy D Jones
08-01-2020, 7:07 PM
Yeah, I'd stay out of the middle ground in cordless power tools. Not enough better than the bottom dwellers, nor enough cheaper than the better products, to justify the price/performance point.

I have Milwaukee cordless tools, and like them a lot, especially the FUEL brushless tools. I have used a few DeWalt brushless drill/drivers in the recent past, and they were OK, for what little I needed them.

I'm replacing my Ryobi 40V outdoor power tools with Milwaukee now. BIG difference, for the better. The head on the Ryobi string trimmer was a POS, and the motor was not NEARLY as powerful as the new Milwaukee. So much for 40V vs 18V... Next I will replace the Ryobi chain saw and leaf blower with Milwaukee's.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

Bill Dufour
08-01-2020, 8:45 PM
Can you even buy sears tools anymore? I would think Grizzly will be around longer for batteries then sears.
Bil lD

Jim Becker
08-01-2020, 8:59 PM
Can you even buy sears tools anymore? I would think Grizzly will be around longer for batteries then sears.
Bil lD

Yes, at Lowes, etc. Sears sold the brand awhile ago...

Donald G. Burns
08-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Craftsman is no longer owned by Sears. It's a B&D company now.

glenn bradley
08-02-2020, 3:20 PM
I've been using Rigid cordless drills and impact drivers for the last several years. They have a lifetime service agreement if you buy them from Home Depot and register them on the Rigid website. This covers the drill, batteries and charger. In the past, the batteries have died on my cordless drills and replacements are almost the cost of a new drill. So far, my 3 Rigid drills have been holding up.

I'll add some credence here. I also moved to Ridgid for most of my drill motors. It's been 15 years since I bought a battery or paid for a repair.

Mike Kees
08-03-2020, 6:14 PM
Milwaukee M18 tools have a 5 year warranty. I believe the battery is 3 years. Have had 3-4 tools repaired and one battery replaced under warranty in about 9 years of owning and using Milwaukee in my business.