PDA

View Full Version : V3000 Leeson Motor issues

Brian Holcombe
07-31-2020, 11:07 AM
Anyone interested in taking a crack at this one, I'm all ears :D

I replaced the capacitors a month ago, the first time this noise cropped up. The issue resolved. I attempted that same magic pill today to no change.

Motor spins and seems to function normally, but this noise is not normal.

I checked all the simple stuff already (external) the wires are all connected and tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6P2VvlWvdE

Ben Rivel
07-31-2020, 1:29 PM
First things first: Have you contacted Oneida and ask them about it?

Matthew Hills
07-31-2020, 4:24 PM
Any chance it is the bearings?
(does it feel rough or just humm?)

Was the blower running in that video? I didn't hear much air noise -- is the humming that loud?

Matt

Rod Sheridan
07-31-2020, 5:58 PM
Hi Brian, are the capacitors the correct value?

Did you accidentally interchange a start and run capacitor?

Regards, Rod

Brian Holcombe
07-31-2020, 6:49 PM
Capacitors are correct and in the correct positions, direct replacement for the existing units.

Starting to sound like there is a strong possibility that it is a bearing.

Last I spoke with Oneida they recommended replacing the motor. I want to sniff out the problem if possible.

Bruce Wrenn
08-03-2020, 9:03 PM
Sounds like the front end bearing is going south. Jet water pumps make the same sound, only LOUDER, when the bearings is toast. But some pumps make that sound all the time. On my cyclone, I have a Delta blower that has a bearing that clicks on spin down. One day, I will replace it

Frank Pratt
08-03-2020, 9:32 PM
. On my cyclone, I have a Delta blower that has a bearing that clicks on spin down. One day, I will replace it

Might that just be the centrifugal switch? They often sound clicky.

Nick Diamond
08-04-2020, 1:12 PM
If you’re referring to that ringing noise that certainly sounds like a bearing is going.

Brian Holcombe
08-06-2020, 7:54 AM
Problem solved. We lost power due to the hurricane so I had some time to dig into this issue and take the unit apart. As it would turn out the impeller bolts were the issue, one fell out (I found it in the bucket) and the other two were nearly there.

I did not expect that the noise had anything to do with the impeller, but now I know what that presents like.

So now I have plenty of spare capacitors and bearings :o

glenn bradley
08-06-2020, 9:08 AM
Thanks for circling back on this Brian. Always helpful to read the resolution. Guess they should have used some Loctite(?).

Jim Becker
08-06-2020, 10:02 AM
A good outcome for sure...and a new thing to put on the "check this" list for when funny noises ensue! :)