PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Fusion To buy or not!?

Tim Wrenn
07-25-2020, 4:39 PM
Hey all,

I have the opportunity to buy a used Laguna Fusion for $650. It is the original model that was replaced by the F2. It is only 3 years old and the seller says in excellent shape. Comes with some extras (kreg precision miter gauge, rockler taper jig, blades).

I have never owned a Laguna machine and have read mixed reviews. Anyone have any experience with this saw? Is it worth the purchase price?

I currently have a Ridgid R4512 and have been looking to upgrade.

Any advise is appreciated.

Tim

Jamie Buxton
07-25-2020, 7:04 PM
The F1 doesn't seem to have been replaced. Many retailers offer it -- Woodcraft, Rockler, and others. $999 seems to be the going price.

Brian Tymchak
07-25-2020, 9:55 PM
It has a 1.5 hp TEFC motor, the same as what's on your Ridgid. The 4512 is a good saw, based on the assumption that it is as good as its predecessor the 3650, which I have. I'd say pass and look for a 3hp saw if you really want to upgrade.

Tim Wrenn
07-28-2020, 10:16 AM
This isn’t an F1 model. It is a discontinued F2 essentially. It has the 1.75hP motor, 14amp. So slightly larger than my current Ridgid motor. Also, the trunnion is attached to the cabinet and not the table top. From what I’ve read anyways.

To make my decision harder, I’ve been offered a SawStop contractor saw, that is built into a workbench, for around the same price. Thoughts!?