PDA

View Full Version : Can't resize

Bert Kemp
07-23-2020, 2:21 PM
I downloaded the Star Trek Aztec Cal. when I opened it , it was like 600 inchs in Dia. I converted to a bitmap and tried resampling but it just wouldn't get any smaller. What am I doing wrong? Or if anyone has a scaled down version , I'd like something under 14" to fit my table. Thanks for any help.

Rich Harman
07-23-2020, 9:02 PM
I downloaded the Star Trek Aztec Cal. when I opened it , it was like 600 inchs in Dia...

Where did you download the Star Trek Aztec Cal. from?

Bert Kemp
07-23-2020, 9:53 PM
some website I found can't remember what it was.I uploaded it in the CNC thread

Rich Harman
07-24-2020, 12:45 AM
Okay, that file is a Star Wars "Aztec Calendar", not Star Trek. I guess you are not a SciFi fan ;-)

You should be able to load the .cdr into Corel Draw, hit "ctrl+A" to "select all" then simply scale it to whatever size you like. Click the little padlock icon to "lock" the horizontal and vertical measurements together.

I'll post the resized version just in case you have trouble.

Kev Williams
07-24-2020, 12:55 AM
I'm still in the 19th century, I'm using x4 ;)

Rich Harman
07-24-2020, 1:24 AM
I'm still in the 19th century, I'm using x4 ;)

I saved it as a V12 CDR, are you not able to open it?

FWIW, X4 came out in the 21st century - even V12 too. V10 was the last version to be released in the 20th century.

Bert Kemp
07-24-2020, 9:29 AM
Thanks Rick that worked , leared a new corel trick.
Okay, that file is a Star Wars "Aztec Calendar", not Star Trek. I guess you are not a SciFi fan ;-)

You should be able to load the .cdr into Corel Draw, hit "ctrl+A" to "select all" then simply scale it to whatever size you like. Click the little padlock icon to "lock" the horizontal and vertical measurements together.

I'll post the resized version just in case you have trouble.

Kev Williams
07-24-2020, 8:09 PM
I saved it as a V12 CDR, are you not able to open it?

FWIW, X4 came out in the 21st century - even V12 too. V10 was the last version to be released in the 20th century.

Last night it wouldn't open, just got a blank page. Today it opened fine? Came into Corel beautifully, at exactly 14" in diameter-

I whittled it down some and re-exported so I could fiber it with my Ebay-1 machine ;)

Pretty time consuming file in EzCad, ironic that it engraves faster than it will display on screen when opening the file!
I resized it down some more, takes awhile for EzCad to react. I didn't dare try hatch filling, this is just the lines--

Fibers just amaze the **** out of me. This is 3" diameter, and took 19.3 seconds to engrave. I got the vid to prove it :D
Stunning detail, I'd like to see what the big Triumph can do with this in wood...

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/swars.jpg

--- EDIT!---

I'm glad I did this, because when checking it out under high magnification, you can see that most of my graphics aren't closed! The laser is either starting the engraving
late, or finishing early, or both. I've never noticed this before! Now I need to experiment with the TC settings :)

To give you an idea as to how small this engraving really is, I had EzCad measure the shape the arrow is pointing at"
ECad says it's .239mm across x .151mm high, or .0094" x .0059" for us metrically challenged!

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/swars2.jpg