PDA

View Full Version : Got a shipping notice!

Rob Luter
07-23-2020, 6:54 AM
Lie Nielsen sent me an email yesterday. My order finally shipped! It's been a really long wait, but will be worth it. Hoping the Brown Truck makes good time.

ken hatch
07-23-2020, 8:38 AM
Lie Nielsen sent me an email yesterday. My order finally shipped! It's been a really long wait, but will be worth it. Hoping the Brown Truck makes good time.

Rob,

Tease.

ken

Josko Catipovic
07-23-2020, 8:51 AM
Just how bad is their shipping?

Rob Luter
07-23-2020, 9:39 AM
Just how bad is their shipping?

My order took seven weeks to process. It included a Tenon Saw, and the saw department was seriously impacted by Covid-19 and other factors. I'm in manufacturing too and can appreciate the challenge. All good. They're worth the wait.

glenn bradley
07-23-2020, 10:04 AM
My order took seven weeks to process. It included a Tenon Saw, and the saw department was seriously impacted by Covid-19 and other factors. I'm in manufacturing too and can appreciate the challenge. All good. They're worth the wait.

Warms my heart to read someone with an understanding of the impact to small business holders. We all don't expect "normal" right now. Quality is worth the wait.

Bob Jones 5443
07-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Let’s hope L-N is finding some stability these days. They have been quietly weathering a mighty storm. It’s a small, tight-knit team of talented craftspeople. Let’s remember that they need us.

Rob, thanks for posting the good news. I hope that saw feels like love in your hands. Sometimes we appreciate the things we haven’t had for a while.

Ron Bontz
07-23-2020, 12:12 PM

That is indeed the case world wide. I shipped two custom dove tail saws to Switzerland, priority mail international. It took almost 2 months to get there with a period of "They don't know where it is at." Not a good feeling, but they finally arrived undamaged. Better than Alka-Selzer. "Oh what a relief.." :)

Gary Cunningham
07-23-2020, 5:22 PM
I’m waiting for the 98/99 side rabbets to come back in stock.

Rob Luter
07-26-2020, 3:54 PM
My new tenon saw showed up yesterday. The new handle finish is nice; a crisp natural maple instead of the rosy tea colored stain they used to use. It’s my first closed handled saw from LN and it’s very comfortable. It cuts very nicely too.

ken hatch
07-26-2020, 4:01 PM
My new tenon saw showed up yesterday. The new handle finish is nice; a crisp natural maple instead of the rosy tea colored stain they used to use. It’s my first closed handled saw from LN and it’s very comfortable. It cuts very nicely too.

Rob,

Congrats,

ken