PDA

View Full Version : J Section Pulley Source?

Bill Webster
07-23-2020, 12:27 AM
I have a small Vicmarc wood lathe that uses a "J" section (J3) poly-V belt. I am looking for a 4" to 6" diameter J pulley to adapt to the spindle of my larger lathe to run the Vicmarc. I thought maybe a power steering pulley might work but they never say if they are J or K section. Seems like K is common. Anyone know of a common J section pulley application? Common usually means cheaper.

Bill Dufour
07-23-2020, 1:08 AM
I have a small Vicmarc wood lathe that uses a "J" section (J3) poly-V belt. I am looking for a 4" to 6" diameter J pulley to adapt to the spindle of my larger lathe to run the Vicmarc. I thought maybe a power steering pulley might work but they never say if they are J or K section. Seems like K is common. Anyone know of a common J section pulley application? Common usually means cheaper.

Search for "j section sheave". instead of pulley and get 1.3 million hits on goggle.
Bill D.

first hit that looks oaky to me
https://www.tbwoods.com/products/belted-drives/Sheaves-and-V-Belts/Poly-V-Sheaves

Bill Webster
07-23-2020, 11:28 AM
I have looked for sheaves too with no success so far. Automotive pulley manufacturers never say what pulley section type is, only car model. Most automotive pulleys are K section.

Bill Webster
07-24-2020, 10:39 AM
Looks like I might have found a few J pulleys commonly used on lawn mowers and snow throwers.