PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Rails for Biesemeyer Fence

Tom Altizio
07-22-2020, 6:59 AM
I have a Delta Limited Edition Unisaw, saw model number 36-816. I believe it is a Type-2 saw. The saw originally came with a Biesemeyer 50” fence system. The model number of the kit (saw, fence & table) was 36-843. The original fence rails and guide tube were cut to accommodate a sliding table. The sliding table has been removed and I want to restore the full capacity of the fence. I need to purchase replacement front & rear rails and the guide tube for the Biesemeyer fence system. My existing fence rails are not straight across the top, they are notched where the miter tracks are. I think the original part number was 78-150T2, and that was replaced by 78-055BT2, but honestly I’m not sure. The parts I need (from the original manual parts list) are 1, 2 & 3. The photos I’ve seen of the replacement rail kit (78-055BT2) shows rails that are straight across the top, which seems like they would block the miter tracks and need modification. Has anyone ever replaced the 50” rails and guide tube on a Biesemeyer fence and know the correct part number, or an aftermarket replacement that will work? Thanks for any help on this.
https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=437359&stc=1 https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=437360&stc=1

Matt Day
07-22-2020, 9:28 AM
First, you can simply shift the tube to the left Would that work?
Second if that won’t work, you can get angle iron and tube steel from a local metal supplier and make your own. You’ll need to notch for the motor slots, drill and countersink holes, so not the easiest but possibly cheapest.
Third you can search classified listings like Craigslist and FB marketplace.
Fourth, sometimes people accumulate extra rails and tubes from buying and selling. I for instance have a couple extra rails sitting around but I live in IN and you live in SC.

Mike Walsh
07-22-2020, 10:13 AM
it looks like Amazon has the 78-150T2 part#, shown to be in stock on 8/10

Lisa Starr
07-22-2020, 10:15 AM
Make your own. VSCT (Very Super Cool Tools) has very complete instructions. I made one and it was very easy.

glenn bradley
07-22-2020, 10:21 AM
I moved a short Beisemeyer tube one set of holes to the right to gain more rip capacity. As Matt suggests, you could do this if the fence to the left of the blade is important to you.

mike stenson
07-22-2020, 10:53 AM
It's a right tilt, the left side is a tad important at times (at least in my opinion, and since I have a RT saw.. it's one from practice).

Worst case scenario, angle iron is cheap. It may well be cheaper to just cut the notches and drill the holes yourself (assuming you have something like an angle grinder). Not that cheap is always an issue, but I just went through an exercise of trying to find Unifence parts and it ended up being easier to just fab them

1359182S appears to be the front rail ($192 at ereplacement parts) and the tube (1359180S) appears to be discontinued.

As I recall, that tube is 2x4 .188 wall? That stuff is dirt cheap.

Bruce Wrenn
07-22-2020, 11:05 AM
I have a Delta Limited Edition Unisaw, saw model number 36-816. I believe it is a Type-2 saw. The saw originally came with a Biesemeyer 50” fence system. The model number of the kit (saw, fence & table) was 36-843. The original fence rails and guide tube were cut to accommodate a sliding table. The sliding table has been removed and I want to restore the full capacity of the fence. I need to purchase replacement front & rear rails and the guide tube for the Biesemeyer fence system. My existing fence rails are not straight across the top, they are notched where the miter tracks are. I think the original part number was 78-150T2, and that was replaced by 78-055BT2, but honestly I’m not sure. The parts I need (from the original manual parts list) are 1, 2 & 3. The photos I’ve seen of the replacement rail kit (78-055BT2) shows rails that are straight across the top, which seems like they would block the miter tracks and need modification. Has anyone ever replaced the 50” rails and guide tube on a Biesemeyer fence and know the correct part number, or an aftermarket replacement that will work? Thanks for any help on this.
https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=437359&stc=1 https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=437360&stc=1

How far are you from Raleigh? Over the weekend, I picked up a set or 52" SawStop Rails and tube from another Creeker, which I'm willing to trade with you. Or, I can fabricate you a new tube, and angle. Rear angle can be any piece of angle iron, as it only supports the side table, PM me a phone #, and lets talk, Bruce