PDA

View Full Version : DSL connection issue leaves me stumped....

Chuck Wintle
07-18-2020, 8:45 AM
My DSL connection is a modem and then the router. For some reason I can connect reliably to the server with only the modem but I add a router in the chain it will not stay connected reliably or not at all. Prior to this it has run 6-7 years with little issue. What is a good thing to check? Thanks. :D

Curt Harms
07-18-2020, 9:07 AM
Kinda sounds to me like it's time for a new router. I guess you've done the power cycle/factory reset?

Chuck Wintle
07-18-2020, 9:30 AM
Yes I have reset the modem, reentered my account info and it will connect very fast and stay connected. When the modem is in bridge mode and login info is in the router then it does not want to connect to the server. Not sure where the fault is now as i have 2 routers that have the same behavior no connection. Maybe its time for a new router. :confused:

Chuck Wintle
07-18-2020, 4:43 PM
At least my dsl-520 modem keeps on working and has not let me down! Only the router seems to be bad.

Aaron Rosenthal
07-18-2020, 5:05 PM
I had this problem, and it was the router. I replaced it, and the problem was solved.
Interestingly when I tried to upgrade my modem, it wouldn’t work with the new router, and we had to change things around before the system worked properly. ,