PDA

View Full Version : Blum Movento drawer size. Confused.

Greg Fairweather
07-17-2020, 5:55 AM
Title says it all. I am confused as to the size of drawer needed to be built to fit opening. I have not received my slides yet and would like to build prior to receiving them. I will be using 1/2 " sides and the opening is 19" x 13". I have read the Blum instuctions online and it appears that I would deduct 5/8" from the width. Is this correct? How about the length? I am using their 12" slide.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Greg

Christopher Giles
07-17-2020, 9:34 AM
Greg,
I usually do 3/4" narrower than the opening, but 5/8" should work as well. The length should be exactly the nominal slide length. So a 12" slide will fit a 12" overall drawer length.

Jamie Buxton
07-17-2020, 9:59 AM
The inside width of the drawer box is 1 5/8" less than the drawer opening. You figure out the outside width of the drawer box by adding the thickness of your drawer sides.

The outside length of the drawer box for a 12" slide is 12", presuming your drawer box is made from material which is 1/2"-5/8" thick.

Greg Fairweather
07-17-2020, 1:58 PM
Thank you for the responses. I will proceed as advised.

Greg Fairweather
07-27-2020, 6:03 AM
Now I have another issue with the Movento runners. When I close the drawer the soft close does not pull drawer in if I have utilized the tip on for opening. If I do not use the tip on the drawer closes as it should. What would be the root cause of this? Is there an adjustment that I am missing, or possibly the install was incorrect?