PDA

View Full Version : LV CBN Wheel & Spokeshave in clearance (Coquitlam)

Anuj Prateek
07-11-2020, 8:03 PM
I ordered a 180 grit CBN wheel from Wood Chuckers few days back and then cancelled it due to buyers remorse. Then I placed an order for LV CBN wheel. It's ~ CDN 100 cheaper. Sadly, it's on backorder till October.

Well I was at Coquitlam store today. I asked if there is any store that has 180 in stock. Well none had any. Person helping me remembered something, came back few minutes back, and there was a wheel in clearance, and for only CDN 129 (60 less). And, reason for clearance: damaged box and smudge mark on side of wheel.

This is when I discovered the green door in the store. Well all money I saved (and more) was spent. Found a concave spokeshave in A2 for CDN 65.

Some items that are there which I thought may interest others:

(all prices in CDN)

- CBN 8" wheel 180 for 129
- Norton 6" white wheel for 20
- Medium felt wheel 6" for 20
- Concave spoke saw in A2 for 65
- Some Gramcey hand saw for 100 less.
- Bunch of spokeshave, and block plane blades in A2.

I hope it's helpful.

David Publicover
07-11-2020, 8:24 PM
Clearance section?! Green Door? What the heck? I was in the Halifax store last week for the first time this year. Got a couple smaller items. I never knew the stores had a clearance area. Perhaps that’s a local thing. The Gramercy saw and CBN wheel would be on my list to check out even though I just got a new dovetail saw. Congrats on your discovery and new loot!

Anuj Prateek
07-11-2020, 8:47 PM
Clearance section?! Green Door? What the heck? I was in the Halifax store last week for the first time this year. Got a couple smaller items. I never knew the stores had a clearance area. Perhaps that’s a local thing. The Gramercy saw and CBN wheel would be on my list to check out even though I just got a new dovetail saw. Congrats on your discovery and new loot!

Thanks, very happy to get the CBN wheel for the discounted prices.

Yup, have been to the store several times, and never saw the room. I always thought there were just a few items on sale displayed in aisle.

Could not find any inside photo of the room on Google. But here is the location:

Aaron Rosenthal
07-15-2020, 12:12 AM
Anuj, just curious, how did you get up here? The border is closed for all but essential services to Americans.
I regularly visit the SSV section of my Vancouver store, but never knew Coquitlem had such a large grouping.
It'll be a nice sunny day here tomorrow, maybe a motorcycle ride ........

Anuj Prateek
07-15-2020, 1:09 AM
Anuj, just curious, how did you get up here? The border is closed for all but essential services to Americans.
I regularly visit the SSV section of my Vancouver store, but never knew Coquitlem had such a large grouping.
It'll be a nice sunny day here tomorrow, maybe a motorcycle ride ........

Hi Aaron, we moved from US to Canada right before COVID, in February.