PDA

View Full Version : More POST OFFICE woes

Bert Kemp
07-11-2020, 5:16 PM
efficiency at its best check this out.Its destination is Black Canyon City.

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 9:38 AM
EL MIRAGE , AZ
MISSENT

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 8:11 AM
EL MIRAGE , AZ
ARRIVAL AT UNIT

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 5:14 AM
BLACK CANYON CITY , AZ
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 2:52 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
DEPART USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 2:47 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
DEPART USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 2:34 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
DEPART USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 1:58 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 1:31 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 1:06 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
DEPART USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 12:19 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
DEPART USPS FACILITY

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 12:14 AM
PHOENIX , AZ
DEPART USPS FACILITY

Friday, Jul 10, 2020 4:55 PM
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

Friday, Jul 10, 2020 4:55 PM
PHOENIX , AZ
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Friday, Jul 10, 2020 12:00 AM
N/A
In Transit to Next Facility

Wednesday, Jul 8, 2020 3:33 AM
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Tuesday, Jul 7, 2020 7:05 PM
SOUTH ELGIN , IL
Departed Post Office

Tuesday, Jul 7, 2020 5:15 PM
SOUTH ELGIN , IL
USPS picked up item

glenn bradley
07-11-2020, 5:25 PM
Is pot legal in AZ?

Bert Kemp
07-11-2020, 5:37 PM
I don't know LOL Why, oh oh you think all the post office people are stoned hahahahahaha:rolleyes::D

Jebediah Eckert
07-11-2020, 5:50 PM
I thought it was just me......something I was waiting for shipped from a warehouse maybe 20 miles away....now it is about 100 miles away.....

Of course in the wrong direction and two distribution points away...

Mel Fulks
07-11-2020, 6:11 PM
I don't know LOL Why, oh oh you think all the post office people are stoned hahahahahaha:rolleyes::D

Well, not long ago I complained about all the wanted posters being taken down, now they have Dayglo posters !!

Bert Kemp
07-11-2020, 6:46 PM
Stuff like this with the PO seems to be the rule rather then the exception. I've had stuff like this happen many times, lost mail, things misdirected . Stuff sitting at the po for days before delivery it go's on and on and they wonder why their broke.

Christopher Herzog
07-11-2020, 7:00 PM
I had a pair of work boots shipped from a town less than 50 miles away. They got to my town in three days and sat in the back room for three weeks. Tracking showed delivered but I never received them for weeks. Out of the blue they appeared. Had to call back the seller and let them know to cancel the replacement pair. What a joke!

Darcy Warner
07-11-2020, 7:05 PM
Recently had some metal lathe tooling get lost, or should I say make a few loops around the midwest for 2 months.

Bruce Wrenn
07-11-2020, 7:39 PM
Recently shipped two packages priority mail to Flowerville Michigan. Only took two weeks. Third class would have been quicker. I have a package that is in local distribution center since February. Most of the items I order arrive several days before listed delivery date. Earlier this week, ordered some special bolts for a generator from McMasterCarr at 1:30PM. Next day at noon, bolts were in place on my generator. UPS brought them from Atlanta overnight. What frosts me is packages arrive at postal unit in Raleigh, next day they are in distribution center in Greensboro, and back to Raleigh the following day, Why the heck didn't USPS just keep them the first time they were in Raleigh? Ordered a set of feeler gauges form seller in Cary (next town over.) First they go to Raleigh, then back to Cary, and finally to Apex. Over fifty miles to make a five mile trip.

Bert Kemp
07-11-2020, 7:58 PM
OK so heres another post one delivery was Friday this was suppose to be delivered today
July 11, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
July 7, 2020, 9:48 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
BURLINGAME, CA 94010
July 7, 2020, 8:33 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080
July 7, 2020, 5:46 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
July 7, 2020, 5:12 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

Steve Eure
07-11-2020, 8:25 PM
I found out from a postal employee that when a package is delivered by another carrier such as DHL, UPS, FedEx, to the PO, it is not considered a priority and may sit in a warehouse somewhere for several days to even weeks until they have the time to move it. I ended up calling my PO directly to track a package and she found it sitting on a pallet with 49 other Sure Post packages that that had been there for over two weeks. My package was pulled immediately and moved forward. PO doesn't make much if any money on those type of deliveries. You wonder why they do it. Most of these type shipments are from places that offer free shipping and wind up being dropped off at the PO.

Stan Calow
07-11-2020, 10:32 PM
from experience, sometimes if its not something that fits in your mailbox, the USPS chooses not to leave it there.

Brian Elfert
07-11-2020, 11:56 PM
I must have some sort of charm because my Post Office packages show up on time or ahead of schedule without taking trips around the world.

Heck, I ordered something that shipped on Monday via DHL Ecommerce and the Post Office delivered it on Thursday.

Kev Williams
07-12-2020, 3:18 AM
I've had just about an equal amount of shipping mishaps with the Big3...

Frederick Skelly
07-12-2020, 6:13 AM
I found out from a postal employee that when a package is delivered by another carrier such as DHL, UPS, FedEx, to the PO, it is not considered a priority and may sit in a warehouse somewhere for several days to even weeks until they have the time to move it. I ended up calling my PO directly to track a package and she found it sitting on a pallet with 49 other Sure Post packages that that had been there for over two weeks. My package was pulled immediately and moved forward. PO doesn't make much if any money on those type of deliveries. You wonder why they do it. Most of these type shipments are from places that offer free shipping and wind up being dropped off at the PO.

I was told something similar when Amazon Prime was using USPS heavily, before the had their own delivery.

But most of the time, my post office does a pretty good job with packages.

Jim Becker
07-12-2020, 8:22 AM
I must have some sort of charm because my Post Office packages show up on time or ahead of schedule without taking trips around the world.

Heck, I ordered something that shipped on Monday via DHL Ecommerce and the Post Office delivered it on Thursday.

My experience is similar. I think that a lot of this misrouting is because of damaged or incorrect bar codes or difficult to read zip codes on hand addressed items. This stuff is all sorted and routed via machinery. Human touch is generally last-mile.

Curt Harms
07-12-2020, 9:10 AM
My experience is similar. I think that a lot of this misrouting is because of damaged or incorrect bar codes or difficult to read zip codes on hand addressed items. This stuff is all sorted and routed via machinery. Human touch is generally last-mile.

I print labels on anything being shipped but then my handwriting would probably qualify as low level cryptopgraphy. Make sure the ZIP code is correct and make sure I use the 9 digit ZIP if I have it. I've had some packages take the scenic route even though they're correctly addressed but maybe 20 miles out of the way, not hundreds. It does seem like USPS is geared more toward small packages than larger packages.

George Bokros
07-12-2020, 10:10 AM
I sent my Ohio State income tax return Certified Mail at my local post office on June 29. It was supposed to arrive on July 3. I have not received the Proof of Delivery as of today. I kind of forgot about the tax return since it was mailed. I traced the certified mail number this morning, which I did not know you could do. and it finally arrived at the post office in Columbus Ohio yesterday, eight days after it was supposed to be in the states PO box.

I guess the PO carrier pigeons had COVID-19.

Brian Elfert
07-12-2020, 10:17 AM

The USPS is supposed to set rates for each category of mail such that each category of mail breaks even. They shouldn't be losing money doing final mile delivery for anyone. The USPS even came out and said they make a slight profit delivering for Amazon after the President claimed the USPS was losing money doing Amazon deliveries. UPS Surepost is pretty good for me. UPS even pays the USPS to deliver Surepost on Sundays.

It used to be that Smartpost, Surepost, etc meant a several day delay on the handoff from the other carrier to USPS. That delay seems to have disappeared at some point in the past two years. Delivery is often the day after the other carrier hands the mail off to the USPS.

Brian Elfert
07-12-2020, 10:23 AM
I can only remember two major issues with delivery over the years. One was someone stole the contents of a USPS padded envelope that was insured. (Envelope was obviously cut open and taped back shut.) I filed a claim on the USPS website with pictures and had a money order in my hands in less than ten days.

The second was a Fedex Ground package that hit the local Fedex depot in St. Paul, MN and then just disappeared. The package turned up three days later in Phoenix. The package took almost an extra week to arrive. It both got loaded into the wrong truck and was never scanned when loaded onto the truck. I don't know if the scanner would have alerted to the package going on the wrong truck or not.

Bruce Wrenn
07-12-2020, 2:56 PM
Currently, I have a package in Greensboro NC. Yesterday, it arrived at Raleigh from Philly, but today it's in Greensboro, and tomorrow will be back in Raleigh. DUH!! Several years back, ordered a 30# cylinder of R-22 thru O'Reily's Auto parts. Came from Texas, via O'Reilys truck. Shipping shows it left Greensboro, coming to local store, but when truck got there, cylinder wasn't on the truck. Somebody, who couldn't purchase R-22 lifted it off the truck.