PDA

View Full Version : Drawer guide mounting input

Brian Runau
07-11-2020, 8:39 AM
I have some drawer guides (Haefel) I want to use, but I want to make the cabinet longer than the guide is. Normally in face frame designs I like to support the front & back with a cross piece underneath and even have a screwing surface on the side for the middle.

This design will not allow me to do that if I make the cabinet longer than the guides are. I do have the back support bracket and nylon piece that connects it to the guide. See pic. For some reason I am nervous about this supporting the drawer box in the back without support underneath it. Logic tells me if these did not work they would not sell them, but...

So question is will this work? drawer is roughly 24" x 21".

Thanks.

Brian

Brian436614

Jamie Buxton
07-11-2020, 10:06 AM
The pic says that is a standard undermount slide. I almost always mount them to the sides of the cabinet, if necessary gluing in blocks to the side walls to put the mounting surface where the slides need it.

Brian Runau
07-11-2020, 10:45 AM
The pic says that is a standard undermount slide. I almost always mount them to the sides of the cabinet, if necessary gluing in blocks to the side walls to put the mounting surface where the slides need it.

I have to do a 3/8" thick ship lap insert side and only have a max 1/2", even if I added 1/8 to the inside where the guide mounts, before I would be through the face of the ship lap if I screw it in the middle. I guess I have to make it shorter so I can support both ends. Do you know why do they sell the bracket & nylon to extend the guide?

Thanks brian

Jamie Buxton
07-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Glue thick enough blocks to the inside face of the sides so that you can screw to them without going through. Narrow the drawer body accordingly.

Brian Runau
07-13-2020, 1:47 PM
Glue thick enough blocks to the inside face of the sides so that you can screw to them without going through. Narrow the drawer body accordingly.

Jamie, called hettich.. Designed to mount in the front and then the rear bracket as show if user chooses to do this way. No side screws required and it will support up to 90 lbs,.

Thanks.
Brian