PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding motor/blower.

Tom Pritchard
12-29-2005, 3:12 PM
I could really use a little help from all you SMC Internet experts out there! My son's air hockey table motor has burned out, and the company that made the table is out of business. When I was a kid, we used to call these motor/blowers "squirrel cage fans". There are no labels, plates, or markings on this assembly. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere? Here are some pictures, and thanks for any help you can provide!

Steve Clardy
12-29-2005, 3:29 PM
Looks like maybe a Dayton fan assembly. I have two, one on wood stove, one in greenhouse to air up the double plastic cover.
Try W.W. Grainger, or it's now just Grainger.
They handle all of Dayton's products.
They have stores, and also a web site.
Usually they won't sell outside of a commercial account, but some stores do if you just give them a call.
Steve

Dave Mcintire
12-29-2005, 3:34 PM
Try "Surplus Center" out of Lincoln Neb, 1 800- 488-3407 - they may have a web site by now. They have all kinds of fans, blowers, motors and stuff.

Jim Becker
12-29-2005, 6:12 PM
Looks similar to the ones that were under our old Jennaire cooktops...check with some of the appliance places for "surplus"...

Wes Bischel
01-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Tom,

I just came across these:
http://jordanindustrial.zoovy.com/category/surplusspecials/
Not sure if they would work, and maybe a little too late, but just in case.:rolleyes:

Wes