PDA

View Full Version : Hello There

Tom A Walker
12-29-2005, 2:34 PM
I'm a new guy and figured this was as good a spot as any to introduce myself. I'm sorta new to woodworking as I'm new to having the space to do it. I've always build things but they usually involved plywood, drywall screws, and 2x4s :rolleyes:

Now I have a house and a 2 car garage/shop to play with and stock up. I do a lot of home fix up stuff right now but some of that involves wood(product)working.

Anyway, I'm always on the look-out for woodworking wisdom and answers to questions I didn't know I had. I heard about this place and have found it to be the strangest forum I've yet to encounter. No name calling, no biting sarcasm, no patronizing. Don't you guys know how to use forums? :D

Seriously, this seems like a great place and I look forward to spending a lot of time here. I will post pics when I can of my stuff and you can always see my mess of a shop and what I'm working on here: http://www.tomandjaime.com/wood_blog/

Tom

Joseph O'Leary
12-29-2005, 3:45 PM
Hi Tom, welcome to the creek. As you have already noticed this is a very friendly and helpful site. I have learned so much from the fine folks here. Just today I finished a cherry table and my wife said "you finally got a professional looking finish":) , I owe that to the knowledge that I have gleaned from the advice given on this site. Get involved and again, welcome!

Lars Thomas
12-29-2005, 4:07 PM
Welcome to the Creek. Enjoy your stay. Lars

tod evans
12-29-2005, 4:11 PM
welcome tom

David Duke
12-29-2005, 4:22 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tom, great site and even better people!!

Andy Hoyt
12-29-2005, 5:34 PM
Tom - Greetings, salutations, and welcome to SMC.

To all others - Isn't it refreshing to see a real person come onboard in style and with style.

John Hart
12-29-2005, 5:42 PM
Welcome Tom! Just took a stroll through your shop and have to say I really like the way you've recessed your miter saw. Wish I had the space for that. I think you'll enjoy your stay here!;) :)

Tom Pritchard
12-29-2005, 5:43 PM
Welcome Tom!

All the attributes that you listed are exactly the reason I like it here so much! This a very supportive group here at SMC that have proven their ability to rise up and help others! Hope to see lots of posts and pics from you as you grow into your new space! Take care!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-29-2005, 5:54 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tom! From beginners to pros ...they're all here willing to exchange information or lend an opinion!

Jim O'Dell
12-29-2005, 7:38 PM
I'll add my welcome, too, Tom. As everyone has said, this is a great place to hang out and learn. But don't be afraid to add your ideas in also. There are many ways to do the same thing. Learning how someone else tackles a project is part of our ongoing education. Glad you found the Creek. Jim.

Mike Forsman
12-29-2005, 7:43 PM
Tom, Welcome to SMC. Good people and good WW information.

Dennis Peacock
12-29-2005, 7:53 PM
Tom,

Welcome to SMC.!!! It's a great place to hangout with friends and soon to be friends. Wade on in, enjoy the water. Grab you a shady spot to sit, share what you will, learn all you can, and relax with the group.:D

John Bailey
12-29-2005, 7:58 PM
Right out of the blocks with pictures. You're gonna' fit it just fine. Welcome to the "Creek."

John

Jim Becker
12-29-2005, 8:59 PM
Welcome aboard, Tom!

Frank Pellow
12-29-2005, 9:57 PM
Welcome to Saw Mill Creek, Tom. In case you are not aware of it, our archive of old threads is a great source of information and the search facilities available to get at the archives are OK (not great, but OK).

And, thanks for the link. It looks like you are off to a good start with this hobby.

Tom Hamilton
12-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Welcome Tom, you've broken the code on the Creek.

Come on in and enjoy. All the best in 06, Tom

Steve Clardy
12-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Welcome Tom!!

Jerry Olexa
12-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Welcome, Tom..Like your blog and approach,,,Glad you're here.

Jason Tuinstra
12-30-2005, 2:22 AM
Good to have you here Tom!

Ernie Nyvall
12-30-2005, 9:56 AM
Welcome Tom. Looks like you've got a good start in your garage there. I see a carport in front of the garage in your future.:D :D

Ernie

Tyler Howell
12-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Welcome Tom.
Nice Blog. Good luck on the new member of your family.

Mark Singer
12-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Wecome and enjoy the Creek....grab an inner tube and let yourself go

Roger Bailey
12-31-2005, 9:26 AM
I'm new here too, just a few weeks and already learned a thing or two.

Michael Charles
01-01-2006, 6:27 AM
I am also very new here. From what I see so far, I know I will be learning alot from these guys. Welcome.