PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Wayne Shipman

Dr. Zack Jennings
07-11-2003, 8:06 AM
My instructors from Arrowmont have both registered at the Creek.
I hope they will wade in and test the water. Wayne is a Nationally known figure in Wood Turning. Here are some avatars I edited for him to use from my photos.
<center> Please welcome Wayne and Jack to the Creek.
Both of them have a lot of information to offer.

Bob Lasley
07-11-2003, 9:02 AM
I'm looking forward to your contributions here. You both must be brain surgeons if you were able to get knowledge into Doc's head!! :D

Welcome,
Bob

Wayne Shipman
07-11-2003, 4:59 PM
I'm looking forward to your contributions here. You both must be brain surgeons if you were able to get knowledge into Doc's head!! :D

Welcome,
Bob

Thank you, Bob. I'll be happy to contribute as soon as I get a little more comfortable manuvering on this site. I think we all learned all lot from each in the twelve days we spent turning wood together. Zack got a little better each day. I hope he continues turning wood.

Wayne

Kevin Gerstenecker
07-11-2003, 5:17 PM
Welcome to Sawmill Creek Wayne, it is great to have you aboard! How fitting that you hail from Walnut Creek. That is neat! :D

Philip Duffy
07-11-2003, 5:27 PM
Wayne, Welcome! You were an inspiration at my week at Arrowmont, and to may others as well. Since I saw you in class I bought a great Powermatic 2035 and have had the chips flying ever since. Hope all is well in the East Bay. I should be running thru there in Oct. Welcome to you, Jack, as well. Philip

My instructors from Arrowmont have both registered at the Creek.
I hope they will wade in and test the water. Wayne is a Nationally known figure in Wood Turning. Here are some avatars I edited for him to use from my photos.
Both of them have a lot of information to offer.

Wayne Shipman
07-11-2003, 5:49 PM
Welcome to Sawmill Creek Wayne, it is great to have you aboard! How fitting that you hail from Walnut Creek. That is neat! :D

Hello, Kevin. Thanks for the welcome and the observation. I really enjoy living in Walnut Creek. They have good people, good neighbors, and an urban forest that supplies a lot of green wood for me to turn.

Wayne Shipman
07-11-2003, 8:04 PM
Wayne, Welcome! You were an inspiration at my week at Arrowmont, and to may others as well. Since I saw you in class I bought a great Powermatic 2035 and have had the chips flying ever since. Hope all is well in the East Bay. I should be running thru there in Oct. Welcome to you, Jack, as well. Philip

Hello Phillip,

I remember you well. I remember that some of the students from your class asked to have me back for a two-week session and Arrowmont gave me that opportunity this summer. I wish everyone could have the Arrowmont Experience in the medium of their choice. If you have time to stop by in Oct., please call.

Bob Oswin
07-11-2003, 9:32 PM

Always nice to meet a new face (s).

Thanks for choosing the Creek!

Bob Oswin

John Miliunas
07-11-2003, 9:59 PM
Welcome to you both! Hope you have a pleasant experience here and visit often! Please excuse, in advance, some of the more novice questions you may see posted here, but for many, this site is an important part of the learning experience. Well, OK...So some of the guys will tell you *I'm the one* responsible for many of those questions, but the old gray matter is getting more feable and I need guidance! :confused: Again, welcome and thanks for joining us! :cool:

Jim Becker
07-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Welcome aboard, Wayne and Jack! Just think...this place is something almost as addictive as turning... :D

Von Bickley
07-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Glad to have you guys on board. Lots of good people hang out here and we all enjoy talking about wood-working.

Wayne Shipman
07-12-2003, 7:00 PM
Welcome to you both! Hope you have a pleasant experience here and visit often! Please excuse, in advance, some of the more novice questions you may see posted here, but for many, this site is an important part of the learning experience. Well, OK...So some of the guys will tell you *I'm the one* responsible for many of those questions, but the old gray matter is getting more feable and I need guidance! :confused: Again, welcome and thanks for joining us! :cool:

John,
I'll be glad to help when and where I can.
Wwayne

Aaron Koehl
07-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Thanks Zack--
A warm welcome to Wayne and Jack!
_Aaron_

Dennis Peacock
07-13-2003, 12:17 AM
First of all.....<B>Welcome to Sawmill Creek Wayne!!</B>

Now....about Zack turning wood.........

Are you SURE he isn't still trying to turn the lathe and NOT the wood? :)

Zack is a great guy and I'm sure you taught him a LOT while at the school. I only wish I could attend the school and learn how to improve my turning skills since I am still a "newbie" at turning...

Thank you, Bob. I'll be happy to contribute as soon as I get a little more comfortable manuvering on this site. I think we all learned all lot from each in the twelve days we spent turning wood together. Zack got a little better each day. I hope he continues turning wood.

Wayne

Wayne Shipman
07-13-2003, 2:45 PM
First of all.....Welcome to Sawmill Creek Wayne!!

Zack is a great guy and I'm sure you taught him a LOT while at the school. I only wish I could attend the school and learn how to improve my turning skills since I am still a "newbie" at turning...

First, thanks to all of you who have welcomed me to the creek.;)

Dennis,
Arrowmont is a great place to learn more about woodturning and woodworking but there are other opportunities as well. The American Association of Woodturners has local chapters in almost every state. I just looked in the AAW Directory and found two locations in Arkansas. They welcome newbies and anyone with an interest in woodturning. You don't even have to own a lathe. There may be other chapters in neighboring states that are closer to you.
More than likely you'll meet someone who lives near you that is willing to share their turning skills. I've met a lot of people in woodturning that I probally never would have crossed pathes with in the real world. There have been a few exceptions but most are very generous with their time and are willing to share knowledge. You'll find that woodturners don't have secrets.
Wayne